**** DONE: GB-60 1/72 B-17C Flying Fortress – Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hope the surgery goes well, Glenn! Nice to see you working on a shark-tail.

I built that same model years ago. I put a heck of a lot of effort into it. I even built, painted and installed the innards. And sticky out bits too! Not up to the level of builds posted here but I was quite proud of it. It was destroyed by a thoughtless jerk during a move.
I am really looking forward to this build.
I hear ya, mine got bumped off the shelf by an air conditioning repairman. Fortunately it was at an earlier stage and the damage wasn't too major so I've managed to repair it, but it's sat on my shelf half-finished ever since, awaiting a repaint and final assembly.

Hope the surgery goes well, Glenn! Nice to see you working on a shark-tail.

I hear ya, mine got bumped off the shelf by an air conditioning repairman. Fortunately it was at an earlier stage and the damage wasn't too major so I've managed to repair it, but it's sat on my shelf half-finished ever since, awaiting a repaint and final assembly.
Well now is your opportunity. Give it a dusting down and slot it into a GB60 build. :thumbright: :D

I've pulled off all the masking except the window, (some of it's been on there 13+ years) and the wing masks transferred to the Boeing 307. I was surprised that the old masking came off as easy as it did with only a little more effort.
I'm really pleased with the way it has turned out.

20231203_211239.jpg
20231203_211302.jpg
20231203_211331.jpg
20231203_211438.jpg
20231203_211518.jpg

I've pulled off all the masking except the window, (some of it's been on there 13+ years) and the wing masks transferred to the Boeing 307. I was surprised that the old masking came off as easy as it did with only a little more effort.
I'm really pleased with the way it has turned out.
That's some excellent-looking paneling right there, Glenn! Very nice work.

Well now is your opportunity. Give it a dusting down and slot it into a GB60 build. :thumbright: :D
Thank you, really won't have time for modeling anytime soon though I'm afraid. It'll get done at some point and I'll post pics when it is!

Thanks guys!
I have partial use of my hand back, so I managed a bit of work yesterday ang sprayed the de-icing boots on. it doesn't look like mush but there was quite a bit of masking involved to keep the overspray off the already finished surface. it's way easier to paint the deicing boots before the rest but unfortunately I didn't think of those 13 years ago.

20231210_154417.jpg

you have an airbrush booth big enough for that bomber? how do you go about paining large models. I am hesitant to take on a 1:32 Stuka during the winter, my garage is in the low 40s .my paint booth is kind of small. I have paint booth envy:shame: really nice work on dat bomber

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back