**** DONE: GB-60 1/72 B-17C Flying Fortress – Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you have an airbrush booth big enough for that bomber? I am hesitant to take on a 1:32 Stuka during the winter, my garage is in the low 40s .my paint booth is kind of small. I have paint booth envy:shame: really nice work on dat bomber
No spray booth, I wish I had the room for one. I sprayed it right where it's sitting in the pictures while wearing a resperator

I put on all the decal yesterday.
In the second picture you can cee that I painted the bombs chromite yellow. I have no idea why I made this decision 13 years ago but there you are. :dontknow:

20231217_125027.jpg
20231217_125101.jpg

No spray booth, I wish I had the room for one. I sprayed it right where it's sitting in the pictures while wearing a resperator
I have done this in the past
1703481403296.png

picture found online similar to what I did before I made a 'real' booth in the basement and vented thru dryer vents.
I just duct taped more filters for the front guards in place of cardboard. When not spraying, remove the tape and store til next project

Over the years I somehow managed to lose the bomb bay doors but fortunately the Frog B-17E bits and pieces included with the Marquette Boeing 307 kit included bomb bay doors. They of course did not fit, being too thick and too big in all directions, so I took an Exacto saw and cut them down to size and drilled out lightening holes in the thick edges.

20240109_180933.jpg

I also painted and installed the engines and removed the masking over the windows which was quite a job. I don't recommend leaving Tamiya tape on for more than 10 years

20240109_182203.jpg
20240109_212620.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back