****DONE Heavy Hitters GB Revell 1/48 Ju-87D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Harrison, lookin real nice... If I may, try ur hand at highlighting some of the buttons/knobs with a small dot of paint... If u run through my build, ull see some pics Paul put up showing the detail of the pit...

Alittle bit of color will go a long way.... U have a magnifying glass???

Also, it looks to me like there are a set of seatbelts on the rear gunners seat.... Maybe try highlighting those with some beige/brownish color to give them some depth....

Didnt see ur last post.... The guns really wont have rust on them H.... Gun metal of flat black with some dry brushing maybe....

ju87d-1.jpg

Highlighting as in drybrushing or very precise painting. I'll have to look for a magnifying glass. I need light down here :lol:

I mean in the form of a lamp.

Ok. I'll do them again.

Harrison, in this scale, if you paint the guns in matt (flat) black, wait for them to dry, then rub an ordinary pencil over them, it'll give a slight 'gun metal' sheen.

Right near the gun barrel, there is a wide gap in the wings, and like the fuselage one of the wing halves is bigger than the other. Here I'll try to get 2 quick pictures!

Ok.. I must go for school. But in 3 mm in both directions there is a gap. Then, the wing in the second picture is bigger than the wing bottom,.

Attachments

• 102_5230.JPG
    102_5230.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 102_5231.JPG
    102_5231.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 71
I see what you mean H. Check inside the wing on both upper and lower halves to make sure nothing is effecting the join, like surplus plastic from the moulding or moulding pin marks. These can be gently sanded off. Also clean up the wing edges and retry the dry fit. On the first pic where you have the bend in the wing, a little gentle sanding back, nice and slow, fitting, sanding and fitting may bring it together enough so that a glue and clamp with make a good fit. The second picture the same process on the bend and a little cleaning round the gun port.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

I'm with Vic. I think there may be a bit of flash (excess plastic) on a ejector pin or something, inside one of the wing halves. Also, the gentle sanding and pressing/clamping into place should cure the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back