**** DONE Hasegawa 1/48 Junkers Ju-87G-2, Kdr./SG2 Heavy Hitters GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry, that's a great summery and I appreciate your taking the time to scribe it, you will be pleased to know it fits very closely to an article I pulled of the net last night.

I think Terry has covered it all excellently .So there is no need to add anything in general.

But I would like to ask you Vic... isn't the lighter camo colour too olive in tonality? It might be a camera fault but it should have been of another tonality I thought.

Your right about the colour Wojetk, sad to say it's the wrong colour. I've gone back and checked a couple of conversion charts for RLM coloures to Humbrol and I get two differing answers and unfortunately for me, my initial choice was the wrong one which by the way also differed again between advertised and intended colour and actual sprayed colour from the pot (Humbrol again), see picture. Not to worry though, I need the practice and will be able to correct another small fault in the cameo shaping.

An to all you great guys out there, my thanks for the comments, very gratifying.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• Stuka Build 2v.JPG
    Stuka Build 2v.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 99
Thanks for the comments guys, I decided that Wojetk was right and the second cameo colour was all wrong so decided on the spur of the moment to put it right, that was late last night when I made an immediate start, as I may have changed my minde come morning.

So having stuffed up the cameo RLM 71 colour, I've re masked the black green (RML 70), fiddly job that took 3 hours and have re sprayed with a better olive green (Humbrol 116), though looking at the pics one can't see much difference. Also got the engine mounted just before dinner, it needs some touch-up work so maybe I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Attachments

• Stuka Build 2W.JPG
    Stuka Build 2W.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Stuka Build 2X.JPG
    Stuka Build 2X.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 72
There is a difference, the original seemed much 'browner' in appearence, atleast on my work computer. Looks better now - great work mate! (and great spotting Wojtek!)

Yep..! Ridiculous, I could be at home doing fun things, like helping the Mrs. with the housework... :)

Vic, I notice the difference in the res-spray as well, and she's lookin the true part now man....

Ozhawk said:
I can give you no advice on weathering - I'm still experimenting myself
Psssh, yea experimenting with 2 first place finishes in the last 2 Group Builds.... Its about time u put together alittle pdf file of ur own Peter, showing some of ur methods...

Today's update: engine mounted, plumbing connected and some light wear added to the airframe before a clear gloss spray. Next job is the decals and the spiral on the propeller spinner.

Attachments

• Stuka Build 3a.JPG
    Stuka Build 3a.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Stuka Build 3b.JPG
    Stuka Build 3b.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Stuka Build 3c.JPG
    Stuka Build 3c.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread