****DONE: 1/48 B-24D Liberator 'Fightin' Sam' Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Only boots that are left are on the stabilizers (that's next!). I hope to get the decals on today and some pastel work and more wash's. 8)

Attachments

• PICT1351.JPG
    PICT1351.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 150
Thanks guys.. Yes hand paint, those leading edge ones were easy, the stabilizers are a different story..

Alright boys, stayed home from school today to keep at work. Can't say mom agreed, but life has priorities. :lol:

I got the decals down, did pastel work on the side fuselage and engine vents with soot. Flat coat is on and now I have to do the exhaust and clear parts. Then after that, glue the remaining pieces and voila. Here's something to tide you all over... 8)

Attachments

• PICT1358.JPG
    PICT1358.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 187
Thanks.. well, the worst is over! Exhaust finished and got the look I wanted, light thin stains. I used soot pastel near the vents to pack that filth look also. 8)

Attachments

• PICT1359.JPG
    PICT1359.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 134
  • PICT1360.JPG
    PICT1360.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT1362.JPG
    PICT1362.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 135
Looking good there Mags. Are you going to paint the exhausts and superchargers? Here's what they look like. OK, a bit clean in this pic taken at Duxford, but a bit of brown and gey, lightly applied, will give the look.

Attachments

• Czech 187.jpg
    Czech 187.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 105
Thanks T.. I knew that they had a color but didn't know the specific ones. The instructions didn't mention it and on my 1/72 B24 it said washed out tan. So am I giving it a drybrush to highlight it or a full base coat?

Paint the whole unit to look like the photo, but maybe a touch darker. When dry, give it a dry brush of the browns and greys, with the browns being mainly around the exhaust pipe itself, and the grey in the exhaust opening. The turbine blades would be darker, so a slightly darker shade of metallic grey, and then a wash or dry brush of a brown/tan colour, maybe with a hint of pink. Should sort it.
And now, I'm off to scream in pain and lie down!

I popped out two 1k and 500 lb bombs to accomodate for my light staining and to add a realistic setting to the future dioroma. Still going, stay tuned.. :eek:

Sounds good Aaron, go ahead and post. I've got shots of a B17's exhaust and 'chargers showing how they look in use, but I'm too stiff to handle the stuff to scan it at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back