Caproni Ca 311 Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• IMG_0554v1.JPG
    IMG_0554v1.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 110
Decals tomorrow Dwight?should be the right make-up for this girl.Cheers Kevin

Thanks Daniel, Dirk, Terry and Kevin.

Kevin, Decals tomorrow will depend on how the gloss coat sets up. I may err on the side of caution and wait until early sunday to put them on. Very late tomorrow night would be the earliest. :)

Thanks Evan. :)

@Kevin - tried a couple of VERY small decals after 32 hours and it's still too tacky. Will try again later tonight. :)

I cant wait to see the masking come off the canopy, cause its gonna POP!!!

Looking great so far Dwight...

Thanks Dan. :)

Decals going on now. Those upper wing fasces had me worried - thought they would silver like nobodies business. In progress shots. Taking a break and will finish them up in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0597v1.JPG
    IMG_0597v1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0599v1.JPG
    IMG_0599v1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0600v1.JPG
    IMG_0600v1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 98
Thanks Evan and Terry. :)

All i can say right now is

DAMMIT!

One entire panel of windows (four windows total) popped out of the frame and is INSIDE the damn fuselage now. Son of a BYATCH! Not sure if I can get it back into place.

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron. :)

At least now I have actually found the blasted panel and have it secured with some tape. Just HOW I am going to reattach it is beyond me at this point. :?: :rolleyes:

DAM DAM DAM

Wonderful work. I can feel for you regarding the panel windows, it's what scares me from my RAF Hudson.

Can you give us some insight on your "spinach" camo? We have seen your stencils you made, but how did you cut out your patterns? With a razor knife? This is the part that has always scared me away from Italian aircraft (which happend to be one of my most favorite).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back