Bombers / Heavy Hitters Group Build Guidelines.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's a relatively new set of WW2 USAAF ordnance available, but I'm not sure who makes it! It's one of the main runners though, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Revell or maybe Academy I think. I saw the price and forgot about it! I think it was around £9 or£10 in the UK, which seems a lot for about 20+ items. Not sure about there being a cluster bomb in the set - don't quite know what a WW2 US example looked like, if there was one.

I think your talking about these DBII

Attachments

• American bomb's manual 52.jpg
    American bomb's manual 52.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 94
  • American bomb's manual 53.jpg
    American bomb's manual 53.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 90
Ah, those! Parachute retarded fragmentation bombs. It was the descriptiion of 'cluster bomb' which threw me, as that's a slightly different animal. I honestly don't know if these were in the kit I saw, as the box-art picture was rather small, but they shouldn't be too difficult to convert from a suitably sized 1/48th scale bomb if not in the kit. There were certainly depth charges, which are a similar shape and, next to them, a smaller weapon which might have been para frags, although the pic wasn't very clear.

OPPS brain cramp, thats the one. I have been trying to find after market bombs but only can find 500 lbs. I know where I can find some. :oops:

Thanks

DBII

Well there's a Russian TB3, albeit in Chinese service, but no one has yet entered anything Japanese, or Soviet. There's time yet though........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back