Bombers / Heavy Hitters Group Build Guidelines.

Does anyone know where I can get 1/48 cluster bombs for a B-25?

DBII
 
There's a relatively new set of WW2 USAAF ordnance available, but I'm not sure who makes it! It's one of the main runners though, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Revell or maybe Academy I think. I saw the price and forgot about it! I think it was around £9 or£10 in the UK, which seems a lot for about 20+ items. Not sure about there being a cluster bomb in the set - don't quite know what a WW2 US example looked like, if there was one.
 
I think your talking about these DBII
 

Attachments

  • American bomb's manual 52.jpg
    American bomb's manual 52.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 163
  • American bomb's manual 53.jpg
    American bomb's manual 53.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 168
Ah, those! Parachute retarded fragmentation bombs. It was the descriptiion of 'cluster bomb' which threw me, as that's a slightly different animal. I honestly don't know if these were in the kit I saw, as the box-art picture was rather small, but they shouldn't be too difficult to convert from a suitably sized 1/48th scale bomb if not in the kit. There were certainly depth charges, which are a similar shape and, next to them, a smaller weapon which might have been para frags, although the pic wasn't very clear.
 
OPPS brain cramp, thats the one. I have been trying to find after market bombs but only can find 500 lbs. I know where I can find some. :oops:

Thanks

DBII
 
Well there's a Russian TB3, albeit in Chinese service, but no one has yet entered anything Japanese, or Soviet. There's time yet though........
 
As long as Guttorm doesn't enter his complete Kampf Geschwader of 1/32nd scale JU88's! How the heck would we judge that lot!!!
 
Am I able to participate in this GB with a partly started Airfix Lanc ? ( dashed abit of black on the underwings/lower fuse)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back