Bombers / Heavy Hitters Group Build Guidelines. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like you are going to have busy winter Terry... :)

Well,I was originally deciding between Academy 1/72 B-17G Flying Fortress or scratch build (wood/metal) Heinkel He 111H. However, I have too many things and private concernes going on right now that I'm not sure if I'll even participate in this Group Build. Might be forced to skip this one all together. I shall see when I finally manage to finish my Hurricane for MTO GB.

Dang I wish my modelling skills were up to snuff, I've got a1/48 Tamiya P-47 I'd like to enter as a ground attack A/C but wanted to get a couple cheap models under my belt again before I tackled the expensive stuff.

Why not grab a cheaper kit and enter anyway Buck? It's a sure way of getting back into the slot, and you'll get plenty of help and advice, as well as a ton or two of encouragement. Maybe try a 1/72nd P47, or a cheaper 1/48th P47 as a practice run for the 'good' kit?

I should do that, but I am also terrible for starting a project and not finishing it for several months due to having too many things going on all at one time. I'm just full of excuses. Looks like a trip to the Hobby Shop this weekend, plastic models are all 20% of in the month of October. National Modelling Month or something to that effect.

should have the garage converted by a week on thursday so should be able to participate in this one with my 1/48 Revell Ju 88 A4, was looking at getting decals to do Werner Baumbach's supposed machine with 16 ship kills on the tail, but might look around for another subject.
also looking at getting a 1/48 B-17 G and doing one of the aircraft brought down near where Roman lives in the Czech Republic

Oh what the hey. I'm gonna build that Tamiya Bird (P-47d Bubbletop). Probably be less work then trying to build a poorly fitting cheap model anyway. Less filling due to better fit of parts and I can always buy another one I guess.
Going to build one up in a fighter/Bomber role. 404th Fighter-Bomber Group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back