1/72 Academy TBF-1 Avenger Heavy Hitters Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The fiddle bits remaining for the avenger. Now to wait for the new blue in the mail, the kit should be on pause. I plan to rework the whole paint job, as I had some bad masks which caused little splatters where I didnt want them. The engine was given a burnt umber oil wash for some sludge (its still wet in the pic).

Attachments

• PICT1221.JPG
    PICT1221.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 125
  • PICT1222.JPG
    PICT1222.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 124
Looking back at the first pic I saw some chunky material and some prevailing seams on the right landing gear.. cleaned that up just now.

Just messed around with the oil paints to have a satisfactory taste of what can be accomplished.. dont mind the dirty surface, its not in the paint.. I just didnt feel like cleaning the crap off. Left wing is bare, and the right wing is where I tried some white and dark blue washes for a fade effect. Though i'd probably build it up this is just the start. Might as well practice while I wait for the new blue..

Attachments

• PICT1224.JPG
    PICT1224.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 132
  • PICT1223.JPG
    PICT1223.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 129
Thanks boys.. still waiting for the new blue to come. Then rework the whole paint job, new masks and everything. No biggie after dealing with the Lib, seems a bit easy!

Might not make it Capt.. Sam's got all my free time at the moment. Could have a shot with the extension though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back