Bombers / Heavy Hitters Group Build Guidelines.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lots of chirping going on here, sorry 'twitter' so here's my tuppence worth. I've also got a 1/48 Hasegawa Junkers Ju 87G-2 with some enhancements included in the kit sitting on the shelf so I recon this would be a good one to use for my first GB participation and I'm all ready to go. Like Bucksnort, I've a heap of things on the plate over the next three months and a holiday booked for late Feb into mid March, so I wont be around for the finish and not sure I'll get finished, but were going to give it a go.
Have you got the starting pistol ready?
:hotsun: :hotsun:

And for the record fellas, we have 4 mobnths to get these Builds done no, kinda takin care of us slowpokes who have alot on their plates....

Yes 4 months should be plenty, but if you've seen my progress on the Guitar Building thread you will see how slow I am on getting things done;)
Strarted gathering my reference materials though. Hitting the big downtown Mpls. Library and Hobby shop on Saturday to get more books and supplies.
Been 25 years since I've built a model so I'm sure there are many things I need to get.

Is CA better than Epoxy?

Just a small crack in a non-stessed part of the gunstock. I can twist it just a tiny bit so I figured I'd run some extra-thin CA into it and let it wick it's way up into the crack. Epoxy would probably be better for a larger crack, but this one is so small I don't think it would work itself into the area very well.
Anyway, that's a whole different kettle of fish than model building.

Last edited:
Great to have you in the GB Buck, and just shout if you need help etc.
Vic, sounds like a good kit, and hopefully you'll get it done in time.
Karl, good choices mate. The Monogram (now Revell) B17G is a nice kit, although it has the original tail gun position and parrallel waist windows. Easily converted though, and not all the 2nd BG Fortsd had the Cheyenne tail anywa.Hope you've got room for it! You've seen how mine takes up a whole shelf, but you should have bags of room when the garage is converted - lucky sod!

Oh dear! Need to get cracking on the '25 and Beau me think.... :oops:

Then, I have for the Heavies GB....

Baumbach '88, Norway in '41....
or,
B-26 Marauder, another 13
or,
He 111, Possibly another Norway based machine, KG 100 Wiking....

Hang on......

Got a '88/'190 Mistel as well, that's a heavy hitter, right? :lol:

Yep, no problem. It's as described/hinted at in the Guidelines, a ground attack/bomber. Look forward to seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back