**** DONE 1/48 Tamiya Me 262 A-2 Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Messerschmitt Me 262 A-2a 9K+YH of 1/KG 51 Autumn 1944

User Name: Crimea River
First Name: Andy
Category: 1 Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Type: Messerschmitt Me-262 A-2 with Kettenkrad
Pilot and further details on this aircraft unkown pending more research.
Plan to use OOB decals, add scratch built details and PE seatbelts.

This is a proposed entry subject to Judge's OK (see bbelow). Let me know guys. Photos were taken today.

DECLARATION! JUDGES' CALL REQUESTED! A small amount of work was started before the official kick-off of this Group Build. This was accomplished on a beautiful Saturday in August whilst contemplating life under the ash tree in my yard. A Marguerita may have been involved also. Also a small bit of bit of painting was done in October. The specific prework is limited to the following described below. None has been done since.

Items 1. Kettenkrad parially assembled and brush painted. Bogies painted on the sprue.
Items 2. Bomb halves glued together
Items 3. Aluminum paint on parts still on sprue
Items 4. Parts B5 and B19 glued into wheel well prior to painting.

Attachments

• Box Top.jpg
    Box Top.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 386
  • Sprues 1 copy.jpg
    Sprues 1 copy.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Sprues 2.jpg
    Sprues 2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 352
  • Scheme.jpg
    Scheme.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 539
Last edited by a moderator:
No Problem here with the Pre-work Andy, the 262 kit is real beauty, I used this kit with the 2 gun nose for my White 2 in the Defence of the Reich Build, check it out for some progress work...might help.:D

Thanks guys. Will post lots of progress shots once I get going. As usual, I will collect lots of references before committing to anything but the simpler stuff (as already done).

I debated about the selecting the advanced catgory but what the heck, it's for fun anyway right?

Wayne, I had already looked at your fantastic 262 build before but will be going back again and again. Thanks for the reminder. Might get that macro lens too!

Can anyone recommend a good reference book(s) for the 262? I like detail shots and good profiles. I've seen one photo of "White Y" around but am interested to know if there are more.

Here are a few more shots taken today of what's been done so far.

1st Image Just some aluminum paint sprayed around the interiors. OOB pedals are in the cockpit, although the cockpit needs a coat of RLM 66. pedals will be touched up again later.
2nd Image Aluminum-painted well well area with some of the wall framing assembled.
3rd Image The Kettenkrad bogies and tracks. The tires on the bogies are done with a 0.2mm black Pigma Micron permanent marker "borrowed" from my wife's scrapbooking stuff. Not sure what colour the tracks will be yet. Need to research a bit. This thing is TINY!!!:crazyeyes:
4th Image The Kettenkrad body, partly assembled.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 307
Thanks guys. This will be a slow start while I finish my Bf-110 (still filling and sanding) and while I collect references on the 262.

Nice work so far mate. I think they were metal tracks, so a dull reddish brown over dark steel for the tracks should work. If they wree rubber, which I doubt, due to the shortage of rubber and synthetic rubbers in Germany, then a dark grey colour would be ok. I'll see what I can dig out on the Ketten'.

Willpower, mate. Willpower.

Lots of Kettenkrad pictures on the net to go by Terry. I think it did have rubber (or synthetic) track feet. Here's one photo of many.

Attachments

• krad16.jpg
    krad16.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 250

Users who are viewing this thread

Back