**** DONE: P-51D "Millie G" Lt. Col. E. B. Giller 343rd FS - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again!

The kits K-14 gun sight is really pretty good. After cleaning it up and polishing the reflector glass, I painted it in Aircraft Black which is actually a very vary dark gray and did details in flat black with a light highlighting with silver from the tip of a sharpened toothpick. The K-14 has "NO HAND HOLD"on the bump pad either in white or raised lettering, and also on the top of the sun shield. I replicated the printing in both locations with white paint scribbles using the same sharpened toothpick.

The last 2 pictures show the real thing. The first I pulled off the internet and the last is my gun sight that's mounted on my P-47 cockpit project (no sunshield). It helps if you happen to have a source like that in your basement.

Last edited:
Installed the prop, put on some pastel for exhaust and gun blast stains, and finished up the drop tanks and canopy. Should finish up everything later tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne, Peter. I/m glad I took the pictured when I did because the canopy has gone missing. I'll do an exhaustive search when I get home tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread