**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.VIII "Fargo Express" Lt. L.P. Molland 308th FS - Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I finished up the cockpit today as shown in the first 4 pictures. I went on to start gluing up the fuselage, all but the nose which I'll do after the wings are on. Then I moved onto the wings. I can't say I'm a real fan of the separate molded wingtips. Some filling and sanding there to get it to look right. The last picture is a test fit of the wings to the fuselage. Looks like a lot of work there, but not unexpected thanks to Terry and Andy.

P9045576.JPG
P9045577.JPG
P9045578.JPG
P9045581.JPG
P9045582.JPG
P9045583.JPG
P9045584.JPG

Last edited:
Good work Glenn. Hate to tell you though, but the landing gear selector unit is upside down ! It's moulded with the lever in the 'Up' position, and the 'box' you've painted silver is where the pipes come out, and should be at the bottom, at the 7 o' clock position.

I haven't updated the thread in a while, but I have been working on it a little.

Picture 1 The cockpit installed with seat belts made up from painted Tamiya tape. I fixed the landing gear selector, but the picture didn't turn out.

Picture 2 The wings glued to the fuselage.

Pictures 3-6 The various joints that will need to be filled and cleaned up. Not as bad as I was expecting, but it will still take some time.

P9105588.JPG
P9105589.JPG
P9105590.JPG
P9105591.JPG
P9105592.JPG
P9105593.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Karl, Bruce.
Fill fill fill

Sand sand sand

Scribe scribe scribe......
Well under way Andy. Have rough filing done, next is the filling with the CA, but I need enough time to finish any joint to start or the CA gets too hard.
Good stuff Glenn. Did you manage to correct the wing dihedral ?
Forewarned, I cut out the vertical faces of that joint on both the upper wing and the fuselage. When I put it together, it looked pretty good so I glued it up using tape across the fuselage like in your sig Terry. The results seen below.

P9115596.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back