**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.VIII "Fargo Express" Lt. L.P. Molland 308th FS - Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.
I don't know what gave me the idea, it just sort of came to me. What Bruce said about fiberglass is right. It's just like doing fiberglass, substituting the CA for the resin and the paper towel for the fiberglass fabric. I can't wait to try it on something bigger. This method could work out for pretty good for scratch-building…………
Or a way to glue all your fingers together.:lol:

Picture 1
I finished getting the nose together this weekend. The exhaust stacks had a horizontal mould line on them so I left most of this, sanding it down only at the end of each port and putting small vertical scribe lines to replicate the weld lines on the real thing.

Picture 2
I completed assembly of the tail also. There were large gaps at the joint of the horizontal surfaces that had to be filled. Here's what it looks looked after a lot of filling and sanding .

Picture 4
The finished intake under the nose and the installed radiators.

Picture 5
Over all shot of the Spit. All that remains to do before paint is to install the guns and mask.

PA165690.JPG
PA165686.JPG
PA165687.JPG
PA165689.JPG

Last edited:
I painted the Azure Blue under-surfaces today without any problems. Now to mask the canopy before the top side paint.

PA255701.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back