**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.VIII "Fargo Express" Lt. L.P. Molland 308th FS - Aces GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks!

Tonight I worked on the areas where the RAF roundels were painted over. I cut circles out of paper to make the masks and painted it with the same Middlestone, but darkened with a drop of black. I then took the cut masks saved from doing the Dark Earth on the wings and laid them over the circle masks in their original position and sprayed Dark Earth darkened with a little black. I wish I had thought to take pictures of the prosess, but I was too busy to think of it I guess. When the masks were removed the darkened Middlestone looked a little green which surprised me, but I can live with it, after all, who really knows what they used to cover up the roundels with.

When that had dried an hour or two I masked and painted the yellow ID stripes on the wing tips.

PB185843.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys, but looking at the plane over all I'm not satisfied with the area of Dark Earth on the fuselage sides vs Middlestone. I think the line between the two is wrong leaving too much Middlestone so I'm doing some more masking to add more area of Dark Earth. Pictures when done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back