**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB:1/48 Bf 109E-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, tomorrow is Christmas eve down under so to all you great folks out there, a VERY MARRY CHRISTMAS to one and all. Have a great holiday, eat, drink and have fun but most of all STAY SAFE. :D :D :D 🎄🎄🎄🎄🍷🍷🍷🍷

Many thanks gents for taking the time to look in and for the kind words. Managed to get it buttoned up today after spending most of the morning doing the lap seat belts.

20231223 1.JPG

20231223 2.JPG

20231223 3.JPG

I had no problem with the tail support struts Wayne the fit was good, but I did mange to snap one and have had to put a support rod in behind it. A close inspection of the above pic and you will see them. I evened the build by adding one to the other strut. :D

Last edited:
This being my first post on this thread for 2024, may I wish all you good people out there a Happy New Year filled with good health, prosperity, great food and a year of enjoyable modelling.

It has bee a bit of a rough back end of the year ans what you see below is the culmination of the last 9 days efforts. It has been a sick week with what I at first thought was covid but after three negative tests assumed it was just a very nasty virus that has knocked seven bells of sh** out of me. Anyway, here is the progress:

After an initial primer coat I applied some aluminium and then liberal quantities of hairspray.
20240101 1.JPG

We then did some panel lining in black followed by the underside and side wall colour of RLM 65 (SMS PL189).
20240101 3.JPG

20240101 2.JPG

Today I applied the first camo colour of RLM 02 (SMS PL179).
20240101 4.JPG

:lol: :D

Looking good Vic, and Happy New Year.
For the 'flu bug, may I suggest Captain Morgan's Gold Spiced rum ?
It might not cure the 'flu, but after half a bottle you won't notice anyway !!
I've had a lot of Christmas cake dipped in brandy and what was left in the bottle went over the Christmas pud and then I couldn't find the matches to light it so had to just eat it as is. :lol: :lol:

I've been pottering on over the last tree days and managed to get a few bits and bobs done. I'm not going overboard on this build, just keeping it simple.

The cockpit internals done except the seat belts which are proving a pain. I just need to do a spot of weathering then we can close it up.
View attachment 753265
View attachment 753266
View attachment 753268

I've got the shoulder harnesses placed, these are the Laser that I have never used before, they may look good but OH my, what a fiddle.
View attachment 753267
:D
Nice details my friend. In particular those seat belts are beautiful :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back