**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The were a combination of plastic and PE which all came with the kit.Oh! and the scale was 1/12 so quite large.

Fabric stores sell a micro-weave material very similar to the stuff used by HGW for their 1/32nd scale seat belts.
This doesn't always work so well in smaller scales, so I tend to use wine bottle foil, or similar foil from various packaging for 1/48th scale, with fine plastic rod, fuse wire and lead wire for the hardware, and where needed, punched plastic or cut rod for circular quick-release buckles.
If smaller than 1/32nd scale, any weave/texture will not be noticed, so I just paint the foil the required colour.

Found a keeper material. Looked at yet a different pair of sweat pants in the closet and low and behold a nice tight weave. Very minor fuzzing when cut. Now I need to improve on my hardware forming skills. I dabbed on some Vallejo desert sand wash to try and get a close color match. Meh! Does create some wear, handling, highlights though.

Getting better (faster). Only took about 1-1/2 hours to create this single belt. 5-1/2 months to go though!

After posting I noticed the 'belt' detail in the back canopy cockpit area. Probably aught to be colored as well? Leather brown like the control stick boot? Or a canvas color strap to represent a cloth material? Of course it probably will never be seen....but. And of course the metal hardware to be detailed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread