**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Goodness me Ralph, go easy man and put you first, you've got five and a half months left to finish this one off. :thumbright: :D
But...but...but, what about the other 3!!! Need to be able to get to the 190's. Yes, yet another GB in the planning. How else to respond to the uttered comment "You going to build any of those or just keep piling the stacks higher?" My quizzical look did not help. So.....

Have another possible 109 lined up for this UGB and yes also have a 190 if need be for another UGB. As for the stack, trying to run it down for as with you, the years are not on our side and I can only see me gluing fingers and not plastic at 95 plus. :lol::lol::lol::thumbright::thumbright::D

Some small bits cleaned and getting ready for some color. But the main reason for the post is to praise the Tamiya teams, design and molding production, for creating an almost 'snap-together' design. Rarely do the wing parts and the fuselage mate so closely that you can barely see the joint seam, on most of the kits that I have assembled (not Tamiya) there usually is a bit of clamping/squeezing/puttying required to get this look.

But for progress, a little at a time. Actually enjoying this build more at this pace.

Progress 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again to all for the well wishers. I have enough doctor visits lined up to keep me busy for quite awhile; just exploratory kinds to try and determine just what happened with that blood clot episode. Also, good news on the Covid front, I tested negative this morning and actually feel somewhat human again (well, as human as I will ever get again). And the Covid drug Paxlovid, does appear to lessen the impact. At least for me anyway. But I think one has to be 'old' and 'vulnerable' before approval. I meet all requirements, don't I know!

Back to 'normal'. For me that could be defined sooo many ways, but finally making some progress on this build. Primer down, as is the RLM 76, where it is supposed to be. All the small bits are staged waiting to be fitted after I get the upper wings masked and camoed. The engine will be open so the front is heavily masked and the cowling parts are loose and to be attached via magnets. A bit of yellow and a blue band and all will be ready for the decals. Some practice with my airbrush to see if I can produce some reasonable, accurate placed, mottles. This is probably the longest that I have ever worked on any model!

Bf109 G-6 first color.jpg

Bf109 G-6 first color bottom.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back