Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

adam looking very nice job.And welcometo this GB.
thanks guys, these planes are very striking and little done to them are great

Nice start Adam!

Mine keep getting postponed for other builds, but hope to continue with Braunen 4 and start Gelben 15 together once the kranich (GB 18 ) and a Mustang for my dad are done.
(Both due in 3 weeks, so the pressures on! :) )

Black 6 REDUCED.jpg

Eduard didn't miss much with their reproduction of the D-9 but they did miss this: the small exhaust deflector on the starboard side which I easily made with plastic card.

13051001.jpg

Masking has started as you can see below. The sliding canopy has been installed temporarily and the glass portion masked. This particular part will not be used on the finished model as Eduard have provided a separate part for the open canopy - slightly narrower because of the fuselage taper and I'll be using that part. The one I installed here will simply act as a mask for the cockpit.

13051002.jpg

The underside will be partly done in bare aluminum. I masked off various panels to receive different base colours so that hopefully different textures will appear in the aluminum finish. Here, I'll start with RLM 76 which will be applied to the ailerons as well as some of the panels.

13051003.jpg

The masking in the wheel wells and gun bay is wetted tissue paper, the first time I'm trying this technique. I should squirt some paint on this weekend and I'll update you when there's something to show.

Last edited:
as to my project in this GB, already finished and placed in position in the cabinet, next to the Spit VIII and unlike the fw 190 d 9 JV44, I leave the final pics.

IMG_0424_zpse83c119f.jpg

IMG_0425_zps91134a86.jpg

IMG_0426_zps293ed096.jpg

IMG_0427_zps7bdcde62.jpg

IMG_0428_zpsc4195245.jpg

IMG_0429_zps1be40f0e.jpg

IMG_0430_zps19e8cd52.jpg

Black 6 REDUCED.jpg

Black 6 painting continues with more masking on the underside and the white portion of the RV band.

13051201.jpg

The RLM 75 is now on and the yellow bit of the RV band is painted on. The areas that will be NMF have received patchy patterns of 76 and 75. Never done this before so we'll see how it all turns out when I get the Alclad on.

13051203.jpg

Close-up of the RV band:

13051202.jpg

Getting close now to deciding on the upper colours. I will stick with the 81/82/83 on the fuselage as stated by Crandall but have a hard time believig there would be three colours on the wings as he suggests. He says the wings are either 75 or light gray with 83 splinters and 81 wing roots. Seems unlikely to me there would be 83 and 81 on the wings in addition to one of the grays. Comments and suggestions re most welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back