Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got the gun cowl on and also the front engine cowling on. Radiator insert was a damn tight fit! Seems to have taken a leap forward tonight - looking forward to getting more done.

190d9-18.JPG

190d9-19.JPG

190d9-20.JPG

190d9-21.JPG

190d9-22.JPG

Thats all looking rather neat Ratpit :) What scheme you doing (or did I miss that somewhere in the previous 58pages? ;) )? And by the way, you seem to have something on the lense of your camera...

D

Last edited:
OBTW, be advised that the Weekend Edition leaves out the odd necessary bit or two, the most critical being the Starboard Exhaust deflector that attaches in front of the Supercharger intake; this can of course be made fairly easily with some 0.25mm plastic card. Seat belts can be made in whatever you manner you find easiest...

Eduard have left that part off all of their Doras, not just the weekend editions. A surprising miss frankly but easily fixed, as Dan says.

As a reminder guys, anytime you want to see who's doing what and the current status, just go to post 1 on page 1 where I've been keeping things current.

Thats all looking rather neat Ratpit :) What scheme you doing (or did I miss that somewhere in the previous 58pages? ;) )? And by the way, you seem to have something on the lense of your camera...

D

Thanks Zaggy - I gave a couple options for my final scheme in post #679, page 46.
And thanks all - Yes, I did know about the flame deflector, and as you all say - easy to sort.
Adam

Hahaha, yeah - calling it a Weekend Edition is akin to my initially calling the D-15 Project 'Easy'; a complete load of utter "Wishful Thinking"... ;) Probably going to be exactly like the Ta 152S-1 project, that I reckon I can knock out in a few weeks!

I thought I saw the exhaust deflector on the PE fret for the D-9 Profi's and the aftermarket D-13 PE fret??

D

Last edited:
Hmmm, might have missed that but I recall checking the instruction sheet to see what part, if any, was supplied and I found no reference to the part. Maybe it is there but I can't check at the moment.

Thats interesting! The Part is present and labelled as PE10 in the JV44 (D-9/D-11)Combo (Kit# 1154) and D-11/D-13 Combo (Kit# 8185), BUT does NOT seem to be present in the regular D-9 ProfiPACK (Kit# 8184), nor the D-9 LATE ProfiPACK (Kit# 8189)... And also of course the Weekend Editions! Way to go Eduard!

D

Hey Guys

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Wanted to touch base with you guys since I've been away for a few days. I did some design and CAD work a few years ago so I thought it would be a lot of fun to draw the parts that I have decided to modify in the Trumpeter Kit. The first components that are being modified are the oil and coolant tanks. I've included a few photos that I hope you will like to see. The first set is the port oil tank. I am adding new coolant fittings (aluminum tubing) as well as welding seams. I've also added some new textures to the outside of the oil tank, as all of the historical photos I've seen of this tank suggest. All of the pictures have some dips and valleys in the large flat face of the tank. The original part is being modified for which I will be using it as a pattern for a silicone mold. Drawing each part in CAD allows me to explore some detail ideas without changing the original part. So here is the modified kit oil tank pattern in green primer, as well as the CAD model:

Jumo213aOilTankImage11000_zps7df0f36b.jpg

6913portoiltankCADmodelImage11000_zps89c5d4fc.jpg

The next items are the port and starboard coolant tanks. Here is the starboard coolant tank CAD model:

61713Jumo213aStarboardCoolantTank1000copy_zps44a09579.jpg

You can see the welding seams as well as the coolant line that will come out of the rear of the coolant tank. The original tank appears to have at least three of these lines in this area. The top of the tank also as a complex fitting which I haven't drawn yet..

In the next CAD model is a exhaust manifold that I drew to experiment with design ideas:

61313jumo213exhaustmanifoldimage11000_zps2afe1892.jpg

61313jumo213exhaustmanifoldimage21000_zpsdd9a261a.jpg

61313jumo213exhaustmanifoldimage51000_zps374156e5.jpg

I'm going to purchase another kit in the next few days so I can draw each engine part from the kit tree. I already have some of the engine case together and I really don't want to take it apart. I'll be sure and post up some new pictures and drawings in the next few days. This coming week and weekend will be a busy one as we are hosting the annual AMA motorcycle event at the Museum. BUT will have a few days off after that. Wooo!

Take care fellers..... :)

Very different and highly interesting. The oil tank is a work of art Denis. Looking forward to more.

Hey Thanks Guys!

I was hoping you would like them. Drawing and designing in CAD is one of my other "favorite" hobbies so I'm really happy to hear the encouragement! The exhaust manifold was a lot of fun. Something that I haven't drawn before for sure! I'm working on another design which models the kit profile of the exhaust nozzles. I'll draw one up here in just a minute or two so you can see what I mean. And Andy this is me pointing the finger at you! This is all your fault! I would have felt fine (....not really) if I would have just built the kit as is.... but NO! You guys had to go and blow me away with your incredible detail and concerns with getting things right. So... All stops have been removed at this point!

Take care

:)

Ok... So here is another exhaust manifold version. Notice how the exhaust nozzles have been modified to look more like the kit parts. The Ellipse (Final Outlet) has been exaggerated somewhat to show the different design elements of this drawing. An interesting feature of this design software is the ability to see cut-away views of the part in order for the designer to examine the interior features and contours. I think it will be a lot of fun to draw the complete engine assembly perhaps to study different layout details such as pipes and wiring. Hope you guys like the new images!

Kirk Out.

61813jumoexhaustmanifoldv2image11000copy_zpse963efe8.jpg

61813jumoexhaustmanifoldv2image21000copy_zpsad944942.jpg

61813jumoexhaustmanifoldv2image31000_zps0b51c7d9.jpg

61813jumoexhaustmanifoldv2image41000_zps5430a03f.jpg

61813jumoexhaustmanifoldv2close-upimage61000copy_zpsd45b56c3.jpg

Well since I had the program spooled up... Here is a single exhaust nozzle, but this time the exit profile has been changed by adding a slash cut. Just a couple of design changes can make a major difference not only to the look of the part but also to its overall performance. Pretty cool stuff me thinks!

Have a great evening :)

61813jumoexhaustnozzlev3image11000copy_zps751cc962.jpg

61813jumoexhaustnozzlev3image21000_zps0e467dd7.jpg

61813jumoexhaustnozzlev3image3transparent1000_zps4fe10c11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back