Dornier 17Z-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, here she is. Finished...maybe? Somehow I feel I've gone backwards in my building skills with this one. I could blame it on the kit, but quite honestly I got discouraged with my abilities in building a kit like this without all of the modern kit manufactures 'hand-holding' (better details, better fits, better instructions). So, maybe in a way it was the kit??

In any case I am presenting her, sans distressing. Creating distressed looks and weathering is defiantly an area that I need more practice in. In other words, this is how I envisioned she would have looked just after the white was applied and on her way to the front. I know, the markings are wrong as well. The 50 year old decals just would not work. My stash was too limited to create an 'accurate' craft. So, I went with what I had. Believe me, no one who will see her in the display area will have a clue!

The 'maybe' on the completion. I may 'attempt to do a paint 'flake away' distressing in the future? But for now she remains a pure white virgin.

It looks really good.

Users who are viewing this thread