T Bolt’s Dornier Production Line

:thumbright:
 
The Dornier production line is up and running again after almost 2 1/2 years! (and I hope I can keep it running)

Do 217 K1 profile 2 ICON.jpg


I was cleaning up my bench last weekend and found the three unfinished Dornier's buried there. This one was ready for the masking to come off so I pulled it off last night. The Tamiya tape gave me a bit of a struggle. I guess 2 1/52 years is a bit much. With my FW-190 finished early I hope to work my way through a few of my unfinished kits.

1000021378.jpg
 
Bad enough i 1/48, can't imagine masking that in 1/72 !
 
Nice to see Germany rearming :lol:
 
Do 17Z
do-17z-profile-cut-jpg.jpg

A lot of masking and painting on the Dornier production line this weekend

First, masked off the bottom of the Z

20260116_225708.jpg


Painted the RLM 71

1000021427.jpg


Masked off the RLM 71 for the RLM 70

1000021436.jpg


RLM 70 painted, the masking removed and ready to start the decaling prosses

1000021437.jpg
 
Last edited:
Do 17E
1768793970408.png


Even more masking and painting this weekend

The underside of the E masked off and red sprayed on the tail

1000021428.jpg


The red tail masked off and RLM 63 sprayed on

1000021429.jpg


I was really starting to like the Vallejo Model Air paints when this happened while re-positioning masking. It was probably my fault for treating the masking like I was still using enamels. After this I reduced the stickiness of all the tape first and did not have a problem

1000021435.jpg


The paint repaired and masking to cover the RLM 63 done

1000021439.jpg


RLM 62 sprayed on. After this cures I will mask for the RLM 61. It may be a few days as I'm about fed up with masking right now!

1000021440.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looking good Glenn!
 
Well done Glenn, looks the biz !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back