T Bolt’s Dornier Production Line

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, it was very nice, just a small gap on top where the nose piece meets the canopy piece. I just sealed it with the clear parts cement.

The RLM 65 was sprayed on both the "E" and the "Z" last night. Not much difference from the color of the plastic for the "E", but the "Z" took a few coats to cover that dark green plastic. I guess I've just gotten too use to the light gray.

Do 17E
Do 17 E profile 1 CUT.jpg

P7204014.JPG

Do 17Z
Do 17Z Profile CUT.jpg

P7204015.JPG

Do 217 K1
Do 217 K1 profile 1 CUT.jpg

I have a question about the colors of the "K1"
The painting diagram below calls out the top to be "Flat Gull Gray" with "Dark Green" splotches.
I have these colors in my Model Master stocks but they are not the correct RLM colors and I would like to use the correct RLM colors as long as I have them on hand.
The question is, does anyone know what the correct RLM colors would be?

Do 217 K1 profile.jpg

The Zvezda indicates the 35 number of their colour range for the green used in their 7238 kit of 1/72 scale. It refers to Humbrol 117 or Tamiya XF81. As memo serves these are the equivalent of the RLM 73 Grün - FS 34092. Certainly I may be wrong but the RLM72/73/76 was one of the colour sets for Do-217J/K

zvezda instr1.jpg
zvezda2.jpg

fs34092-jpg.jpg
rlm73.jpg

For the grey colour Zvezda calls the no. 31 Grey what seems to be the Tamiya XF53 Neutral Gray. IMHO it is too dark for the RLM 76 that should be on tops. However they offer the Light grey RLM76 no.69 acrylic paint "Master Acrylic". But I didn't find the colour appearance , just the top sticker only.

zvezda 31_.jpg
MAKP76.jpg

Thanks!
So RLM 73 for the splotches, that makes sense.
I've looked around a bit and as far as I can see the light gray on top should be RLM 76. If I would have known yesterday I could have sprayed it the same time I did the underside of the N1

Thanks!
So RLM 73 for the splotches, that makes sense.
I've looked around a bit and as far as I can see the light gray on top should be RLM 76. If I would have known yesterday I could have sprayed it the same time I did the underside of the N1
Them's the breaks Glenn. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back