T Bolt’s Dornier Production Line

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

🎵A whole lotta masking going on🎵

Do 217K-1
Do 217 K1 profile 1 CUT.jpg

P6244002.JPG

Do 17Z
Do 17Z Profile CUT.jpg

P6254006.JPG

Do17E
Do 17 E profile 1 CUT.jpg

P6244004.JPG
P6244005.JPG

I've been doing quite a bit of work and am almost ready to start the paint on all three but unfortunately my card reader has stopped working so I can not get the pictures to the computer to post them. I ordered a new reader that should be here Thursday, so pictures then.
On a good note I made a list of all the paints will be needing and checked it against my stock of Model Master enamels and I have them all, and better yet, none of them have dried up :)

I've been doing quite a bit of work and am almost ready to start the paint on all three but unfortunately my card reader has stopped working so I can not get the pictures to the computer to post them. I ordered a new reader that should be here Thursday, so pictures then.
On a good note I made a list of all the paints will be needing and checked it against my stock of Model Master enamels and I have them all, and better yet, none of them have dried up :)
I transfer my pics from phone to laptop using bluetooth. Not sure if you have that feature but works great for me.

The pictures are on a compact flash card from my Olympus DSLR. My old desktop had a port for it, but that computer died a couple of years ago. Now I have to use a card reader and it puked out on me last week. If I would have taken the pictures with my phone it would have been no problem.

No USB port on the PC ?
There should be at least one port, so you can download direct from your camera, using the relevant USB cable, as I do. Quick and easy too.

No USB port on the PC ?
There should be at least one port, so you can download direct from your camera, using the relevant USB cable, as I do. Quick and easy too.
Never downloaded directly from the camera. When I had a CF port on my old computer it was easier to just take the card from the camera and plug it into the computer as the camera was usually attached to a tripod, so I just got into the habit of doing it that way. Not sure what kind of plug I need for the camera, or if I have one. Will have to look into it tonight.

It'll be a standard usb cable with a "bus" to protect data transfer, Most camera brands use the same cable for each model, although there can be a few exceptions.
Just check-out "usb cable for XXXXXX camera", and you should find one easily, and they're only a few $$. My cables were around £4 each here in the UK, and one of them fits both my (different model) Nikon DSLR's, and my Fuji bridge camera and Fuji compact camera.
I download direct to the PC into files in Irfanview, and it's much quicker than when I used a card reader, and, of course, you don't need to mess about removing and replacing the card etc.

Do 217 K1
Do 217 K1 profile 1 CUT.jpg

A lot done on this one over the last week.

The canopy clued on, the wings glued together, the engines and cowlings assembled, the wings glued to the fuselage and the tail glued on. And in and amongst all this assembly, a whole lot of filling, filing and sanding like is SOP with older kits like these.

P7154007.JPG
P7154008.JPG
P7154009.JPG
P7164011.JPG
P7174012.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back