Dornier 17Z-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, here she is. Finished...maybe? Somehow I feel I've gone backwards in my building skills with this one. I could blame it on the kit, but quite honestly I got discouraged with my abilities in building a kit like this without all of the modern kit manufactures 'hand-holding' (better details, better fits, better instructions). So, maybe in a way it was the kit??

In any case I am presenting her, sans distressing. Creating distressed looks and weathering is defiantly an area that I need more practice in. In other words, this is how I envisioned she would have looked just after the white was applied and on her way to the front. I know, the markings are wrong as well. The 50 year old decals just would not work. My stash was too limited to create an 'accurate' craft. So, I went with what I had. Believe me, no one who will see her in the display area will have a clue!

The 'maybe' on the completion. I may 'attempt to do a paint 'flake away' distressing in the future? But for now she remains a pure white virgin.

DO17Z-2-PortF.jpg

DO17Z-2PortR.jpg

DO17Z-2StbdF.jpg

DO17Z-2StbdR.jpg

DO17Z-2Front.jpg

DO17z-2-Bottom.jpg

Well, here she is. Finished...maybe? Somehow I feel I've gone backwards in my building skills with this one. I could blame it on the kit, but quite honestly I got discouraged with my abilities in building a kit like this without all of the modern kit manufactures 'hand-holding' (better details, better fits, better instructions). So, maybe in a way it was the kit??

In any case I am presenting her, sans distressing. Creating distressed looks and weathering is defiantly an area that I need more practice in. In other words, this is how I envisioned she would have looked just after the white was applied and on her way to the front. I know, the markings are wrong as well. The 50 year old decals just would not work. My stash was too limited to create an 'accurate' craft. So, I went with what I had. Believe me, no one who will see her in the display area will have a clue!

The 'maybe' on the completion. I may 'attempt to do a paint 'flake away' distressing in the future? But for now she remains a pure white virgin.

View attachment 631817

View attachment 631818

View attachment 631819

View attachment 631820

View attachment 631816

View attachment 631815
It looks really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back