**** DOUNE: GB-36 1/48 Ju-87B-2 Stuka - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Username:Jeff Hunt
First name:Jeff
Category:Intermediate
Scale: 1 :48
Manufacturer:Hasegawa
Model Type:Ju-87B-2 Stuka
Addons: Eduard canopy mask

IMG_0001.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am going to try to get a third entry into this GB. The subject chosen is the famous JU-87 Stuka, specifically a B-2 model. The kit looks pretty nice. I picked this up off of E Bay over a year ago and am anxious to see how she builds up. No WW II model aircraft collection can be considered serious unless it has a Stuka sitting on the shelf.

I will be building it as the ship depicted as #2 on the painting guide T6 + CK. This aircraft was assigned to 2./ St.G.2. a unit that I believe was involved in air support in the Battle for Crete.

I plan on getting started later today after giving the 410 a little more attention.

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

I really like the fact that Hasegawa included a paper camo masking sheet. I will trace these onto tape at the proper time. The splinter pattern used on this bird would be nightmare to try to mask without the patterns provided.

I am off now to see if I can locate any actual photos of my Stuka.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I had seen this ship somewhere before and I found this lovely R. Watanabe drawing in one of my books.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG

junkers-ju-87b-2-stuka-4.png

Found this last one floating on the net.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:
Good one Jeff.
I'd considered doing a Ju87B-2 also, from the BoB, using the Revell boxing of the same very nice kit, but with the time remaining, if I finish the Bf110 (stiff hands permitting) I think I'll just go for a simple Bf109E or Bf109G build.

Very nice Jeff. I like the camo masks. Scan them before you cut them and you are set for life. I've been looking for a thin rubbery material that the masks can be traced on and cut out for a more durable mask

Very nice Jeff. I like the camo masks. Scan them before you cut them and you are set for life. I've been looking for a thin rubbery material that the masks can be traced on and cut out for a more durable mask
Brilliant idea, I will have to do that.

Jeff

I'm still in the experimental stage Jeff and have not tried this stuff yet. It does seem to be relatively low-tack though. I did only manage to make some masks on some vinyl that I had left over from some after market masks but I'm not sure if the stuff I suggested is the same.

It probably is. The material used to be used in the graphics and sign-writing industry, when things were done manually, and had to be of sufficiently low-tack to be re-positionable, and not damage delicate film surfaces etc. But of course, some experimentation is recommended before committing to a model.

Nothing to show photo wise but I began today by removing lots.of the pieces from the sprues and cleaning them up and trimming away excess. Managed to do this while sitting in the television room where the wood stove is, nice a comfy and as a bonus, Mother Superior was present as well. Hope to get building soon!

Jeff

Well, Mother Superior decided to watch home renovation shows so I went to the basement and found the work bench. One thing lead to another and seeing as all the pieces were prepped I decided to start on the Ju-87. Not an overly detailed cockpit and seeing as she is an OOB build it did not take too long to come together. The fit is superb with no issues getting the cockpit floor and sidewall panels in place. The fuselage halves went together like peas and carrots, no fit issues and it does no look like any putty will be required along the fuselage lines. Tape is holding it together for now as the IP and front end of the cockpit still awaits.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

Cheers,