**** DOUNE: GB-36 1/48 Ju-87B-2 Stuka - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just noticed Jeff - the items on the starboard rear cockpit wall, are representing the spare 'saddle' magazines for the MG17, and should be semi-matt black, if it's not too late to re-paint them. It might be the lighting, but they look silvery in the pics.

Just noticed Jeff - the items on the starboard rear cockpit wall, are representing the spare 'saddle' magazines for the MG17, and should be semi-matt black, if it's not too late to re-paint them. It might be the lighting, but they look silvery in the pics.
The instructions indicated the colour as shown but I believe I should be able to get at the parts that are showing. I am not home right now but will have a closer look when I get there. Purists may not agree with some of the colours and stuff as shown but I like a little contrast in the the pit.

Andy. My fuselage halves were just joined together and pieces set in place, not glued. I have checked your build and I like what you have done. I may try it myself. Thanks for the tip on that.

Jeff

in my part of the world after that heat wave that came my way from your direction

Well please package some of that and send it this way P U L E E S E!!! Up north Buffalo has gotten 74in (1.88m) of snow with some cities on the east coast gettin 14in (36 cm) in 24 hours. 49 of the 50 states have snow on the ground with 60% of the US covered. Here in Northern AR no snow yet though 3in (7.6cm) are predicted this Friday. Temps here have gotten down to 5F (-15C) at night with -40C wind chills at times and it has been 1C most of today with clouds and fog. Several large trees have come and gone through the fireplace

"cool" and "choice" are both sensitive issues in my part of the world after that heat wave that came my way from your direction....I don't know about you, but I ended up with a bad case of heatstoke. First time for me, never again I hope.

So....I heard you had a rather warm day over there Michael...stay outa the sun man.....

First coat of yellow has gone on the cowling area. Some gaps on the port side ( second photo ) really show up so they will be dealt with before the second coat goes on as well as a couple of other small areas. Nose cone is RLM 70 and the yellow tip will be added after the 70 has had a day or two to cure. I want to narrow the gaps a bit but leave a bit of a gap as the real life machines had plenty of spaces where panels met. I will future coat the yellow after the second coat to seal it and help prevent peeling when I go to paint the back portion of same.

IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

So....I heard you had a rather warm day over there Michael...stay outa the sun man.....
You could describe it as hot, but that is an inadequate description.....bl**dy hot is more to my liking.

Worst thing I find is that my 109 model which I left in the workshop was warped by the heat. b*gger!!!

Wonder how Kirby in Melbourne and Andy in Brisbane got on?

Looks good Jeff. Looks like you've taken to finish painting subassemblies now. Should work as long as parts fit nicely.
Just wanted to get the front end yellow done before assembly to ease the masking issues due to curves, lumps and bumps of the front end of this aircraft. A dryfit of the front end to the main fuselage shows a pretty decent fit and with the yellow not coming all the way back to the edge I have some wiggle room for putty of needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back