Duel 1/48 Airfix (Sows Ear) F.3 Tornado (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am amazed by your attention to detail Vic the lengths gone to to achieve it. Great stuff!!

I like your advice too...I spend a LOT of building time looking for "bits" I have misplaced :oops: ...small stuff mostly..6x3 aluminium sheets, the throttle Unit, the Instrument panel, the garage.......

Last edited:
My decals for the Tornado's arrived today so I've put the GB Crusader to one side and will now concentrate on finishing these two kits.

With the decals now in place, it's just a case of adding all the fiddly bits a spot of touch-up painting , maybe a bit of weathering (for the experience) and a final clear spray. Maybe by the weekend it will all be done.

Attachments

• Tornado s1.jpg
    Tornado s1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Tornado s2.jpg
    Tornado s2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 84
  • Tornado s3.jpg
    Tornado s3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 90
Looking bazzing Vic, great job mate. I should have some good colour pics (close-ups) of weathering, or dirt really, around such areas as the reverser buckets, gun access panels etc if you need them.

Looking bazzing Vic, great job mate. I should have some good colour pics (close-ups) of weathering, or dirt really, around such areas as the reverser buckets, gun access panels etc if you need them.

Thanks guys, comments very much appreciated. :oops:

Nice one Terry, I was thinking about scruffing them up a bit to get the practice, so a couple of pics would be great. Thanks mate.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Last edited:
After 8 months of frigging around with these Airfix abortions, here is the first of the finished Tornadoes with a few close shots thrown in. This one is the 1993 RAF Coltishal Airshow livery. More pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• T1993-5.JPG
    T1993-5.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 69
  • T1993-4.JPG
    T1993-4.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 67
  • T1993-3.JPG
    T1993-3.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 74
  • T1993-2.JPG
    T1993-2.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 65
  • T1993-1.JPG
    T1993-1.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 82
  • T1993-6.JPG
    T1993-6.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 80
  • T1993-7.JPG
    T1993-7.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 76
  • T1993-8.JPG
    T1993-8.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 91
Great job Vic, looks the biz - woulodn't thin k it was the Airfix 'fits where it touches' kit.
Darryl, 1993 was yesterday - wasn't it? Oh, time for my nap.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back