Earthquake just east of LAX

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hope the seismic activity stays calm for bit longer. Noone is ready for the big one.

One of the best examples of how Californians react to earthquakes is in the movie Independence Day.
It's when Will Smith and Vivica Fox are in bed when the alien ship arrives.
He wakes up and says something about there being an Earthquake and is getting out of bed and she replies that it is not even a 3.0 and to come back to bed.

Wheelsup

Man, I'll take a quake over a twister ANY day...seriously!

No you dont. Twisters give you warning.

Earthquakes come out of nowhere and are unpredictable.

Twisters do a lot of highly localized damage, but nothing more.

Earthquakes (if they're big enough) can knock out utilities and bring down structures over hundreds of square miles.

Well, I've lived through a few big quakes in my time, like the Sylmar, the Whittier, the Newport and the "swarms" of the late 80's...and the worst we had was a mess to clean up.

I've had a few close calls with tornadoes while visiting in the midwest in the past, and I just can't believe those things...even a moderate twister hurls house parts, animals and all sorts of things all over the place...the big ones strip the ground bare and dumps all the wreckage into the next county...

Nope, don't like 'em...don't like 'em a bit...

I'm with GrauGeist. I have been through earthquakes and tornadoes. Not that either are fun, but I disliked tornadoes a heck of a lot more.

I got trapped in a basement after the big tornado swarm that hit Xenia Ohio as a youngster. Rocked and rolled through the mess of the Northridge earthquake and rebuilt part of the house and the fence afterward.

Beside, the small quakes are kind of fun. Really fun to watch the transplants react to a 4 or so. Like everything in life, you take it in stride.

Here you go GrauGeist.
Fast forward to the 5:50 area.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R9y3oANo9k :lol:

Wheelsup

Yeah! Now that's my favorite part in that movie, the flying cow!
pi_freak.gif

While checking that out, I saw something I have never seen in there before...as they were driving out across the levee, it was a one-lane dirt (mud) road with water (and flying cows) on either side...now just after the cow flashed by, the scene showed all three in the cab of the truck watching the cow fly past...now look over his shoulder, and what do we see? A red SUV driving the other way...on a paved road!!

Attachments

• Twister_Cow.jpg
    Twister_Cow.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 22,085
  • Twister_Cow-aftermath.jpg
    Twister_Cow-aftermath.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6,580

Users who are viewing this thread

Back