Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sherman A4-D4 DD ( Duplex Drive )

1657967220460.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
MS Tjisadane Okinawa Kamikaze Confidential Crash

The M.S. Tjisadane
A Kamikaze did crash into the Tjisadane at 9:25am, May 11, 1945. However it was a deliberate act."

"I was the Quartermaster on LSM 134 and we were moored to the ship taking on a load of trucks and witnessed the entire episode. I will tell you what was on the Starboard (right side): There was an LSM that is 203 ft long (about half the length of the Tjisadane.) The conn of the LSM extended above the deck of the Tjisadane, in the area between number 2 hold and the Bridge of the Tjisadane. We were starting to load trucks out of number 2 hold when the planes came in from the starboard, flying low and level. This tactic was used to avoid much of the anti-aircraft fire. One plane suddenly turned hard to the right and flew out of the area with the other continuing straight in. I was on the conn, a wing span from the pilot and watched the plane clear the deck of the Tjisadane and hit the operating areas of the boom and end up on the deck of the Tjisadane between the hold and the bridge. The plane had missed our conn, by inches and cut the cable lowering a truck to our ship, before crashing on the Tjisadane's deck at #2 hold. . The severed cable allowed the truck to crash on our ship doing some damage. Prior to impact the pilot turned his head and looked at us in passing. If this was to avoid seeing the coming impact, I leave to your imagination. According to the Panimint account the plane crashed into the sea after hitting a boom, but the Plane crashed and burned on the Tjisadane's deck. The plane had no bomb and was apparently low on fuel and the fire was quickly extinguished with the help of our crew. The Pilot's body was recovered and the plane was later pushed off the port side."

1658139767300.png

1658139782164.png

U-Boot mit Tarnung gegen Flugzeuge beim auslaufen aus Werft
Submarine with camouflage against aircraft when leaving the shipyard

1658224001390.png

Good Question? At first I thought it looked like one of the versions of the BV 246, but the low mounted wing, and the much lower aspect ratio of the wing in the picture rules out the versions of that weapon I know of. Hum a mystery to me any way Image from Wiki

1658233250945.png

NJG sign emblem

View attachment 677702

NJG emblem

1658310891438.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back