eBay: heavy Iron (Tanks Guns Ships Trains) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

US Navy Aviation Supply Depot, Philadelphia GORGON MISSILE

1668681583296.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
US Navy Aviation Supply Depot, Philadelphia GORGON MISSILE

View attachment 694797

Some more additional -- on a REO Truck. So named for Ransom E. Olds of Oldsmobile fame.

FASTEST 100 MISSIONS party photos 401st BOMB GROUP H us army air corp WWII uso

1668856591703.png

1668856611756.png

1668856619891.png

Bismarck 05-05-1941 in Gotenhafen Monday

1666865009228-png.png

This is a great photo and I see a few things in this picture that have caught my eye. At this point in its short career, it hasn't done much hard steaming, note the cleanliness of the smokestack top, which is in a lighter colour than the rest of the funnel - never noticed this before. Also of interest are the gun directors. Note how they are turned to the right. This was probably done to reduce the visible profile of the radar mattresses. I have seen photos of the Bismarck with them turned away. Note that the forward director on the conning tower is partially camouflaged and that the mast on top the rear one remains with the yard arm facing laterally despite the director being turned to the right. I've never noticed this before, but it's obvious because if it turned with the director the rigging strung from it would be foiled each time it turned.

RB 50/30 RB 75/30 Legion Condor, Luftbildkamera

View attachment 692509

View attachment 692507

A little bit of photographic interpretation. Note that the two cameras have similar components. The body of the camera containing the mirror (that responds by moving to allow light to impregnate the film and produces the audible 'click' that cell phones have programmed into them, even though they don't have mirrors becoz we like to think we're serious photographers with our cell phones :D ) is the rectangle, while the portion with the rounded edges is the film container. The camera on the right is the same as the left, but it is fitted with a lens with a long focal length. This is represented by the numbers 20cm, 50cm and 75cm. The figures represented as 1:6,3 and 1:5 are the aperture settings that represent a time period, which opens to allow light into the camera. 30cm x 30cm represents the frame size, while 60mm is the film size contained within the film canister.

Junker production leader handbook 4

View attachment 694962

View attachment 694963

View attachment 694964

View attachment 694965

View attachment 694966

View attachment 694967

View attachment 694969

View attachment 694970

View attachment 694971

This is fascinating stuff and although I can't read German it is a document examining the French aircraft industry, with production of the Amiot 351 bomber being focussed on. In the sixth photo from the top, the blurry one, in case you're wondering, the big yoke device in the photograph and with a flow diagram with its compressed air mechanism being shown is a dimpler. This is designed to put dimples in holes drilled in sheet metal to enable the heads of flush rivets to be installed in the skin. The dimpler puts a circular indent around the hole to enable the rivet head to fit snugly and not protrude from the skin surface and this is actuated by compressed air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back