Eduard Canopy Masks?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, Guys,
I grabbed an Eduard canopy mask set for the Gentile '51 I am doing while at my LHS. They were on sale reeeaaaal cheap, so I thought I would give em a try. My problem is, I cannot get a clean peel away. Every time I try, I get a layer of backing with the mask. Just what am I doing wrong?
Dale

Hmm. Must admit I've never used them, as I normally just use tape, but it's possible they've been subjected to heat, or humidity, and partially bonded to the backing sheet. I'm presuming the backing is a shiny, 'grease-proof' type of material. Maybe that's why they were going cheap ?

I've only used Eduard masks that were supplied in kits I bought and have not had the problem. Maybe try getting a sharp blade between the mask and the backing but this method will soon be more pain than what you paid for them.

I've used them on occasions and only find that at times the impressed cut is not always clean, but a sharp knife soon fixes that. My reckoning is that Terry could be right and that Andy's suggestion be tried. I usually peel them back by first releasing a corner of the mask from the sheet and then gently pull the rest away with a pair of tweezers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back