Eduard 'Profipack' kits?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Quick question; am I right in thinking that the 'Profipack' kits from Eduard include the PE, pre-printed stuff and all that new-fangled nonsense?
It's just that I'm planning a future 1/48th scale diorama with a FW190A8, and Model Hobbies have the Eduard 'Profi' kit at £17.79, and the Tamiya kit is £16.99 at my LHS, so it makes the Eduard offering very attractive.

I think you're correct, it includes that. I would love to try one down the road when I am really good at modeling (Hopefully) since it has the PE parts. They cost like 50 dollars here... :evil:

40 dollars at the LHS.

I say go for it!

Yup old boy! They include the whole jolly lot! Their "Weekend Edition" kits do not though, they only include decals for one machine as well and are much cheaper it seems....

Tally Ho!

Thanks chaps, I thought that was the case. They're normally around £25 to £35 in the UK, so I think I'll be on the line to MH tomorrow then. Funny, as they have the FW190A8/R2 on the same page next to it at around £24 or more, and it isn't shown as a 'Profipack', but it does have the 2 fuselages and the extra wing bits.

I agree with Jan. These profi-packs are really great. Spit and I got the Hellcat dual combo kit and a few others that are better equipped than the kits of the weekend edition series.Alll of them are really cool. So these profi-packs can be recommended as well.

Yes Harry they do. Dual combo packs include two models in one box with decals for them and PE parts too.

Last edited:
I got the Dual combo British naval Hellcat and actually didn't realize it was two kits til I opened the box. I bought it for the photos on the website which showed some remarkable gun bay and wheel well details which I thought came with the kit. As it turned out, I got two models but not the details in the advert. These can be had by buying the "Big Ed" detail kit for another house mortgage.

I love the Eduard stuff but I find their website could be a little more informative about what these various names mean.

Yes Terry, the profipack versions are the way to go, if you intend to use PE and masks. At 17.79 quid, it's a good deal. I'm working on one of a p-39 Combo in the MTO group build and it's basically two profipack p-39's in the one boxing. Evilbay bargain from blighty for 22 quid. 11 pounds for each model inc etch and masks! :lol:

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm not bothered about the masks, and not really that turned on by the PE, as my hands will find it all difficult to manipulate. But, I'll be trying to use the pre-printed instrument panel at least. The main interest is the wing root gun bays, which I know are moulded so that they can be displayed open, and the alternative open position canopy, which eliminates the need for packing out between the fuselage and canopy rail gaps. And of course, for such a (relatively) low price, I just can't resist it!
Soon as this stupid Postal strike is out of the way, I'll be ordering one methinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back