End Of The World.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dude...I've been telling everyone I'd look after their valuables....but methinks no-one trusts me :)

I think when you hear Gabriel's trumpet....no wait, that's the bible
It's when Odin comes down from Mount....Hmmm, that's Norse mythology
It's got to be when L Ron Hubbard says....dang it, that's science fiction

Wait, Twinkies have come to an end so I think the world already ended and we missed it. This must be purgatory.

According to the program, the end of the world we be accompanied by "the final countdown" So when you hear Europe it's time to get into your bunker.
Make sure you don't miss the doomsday anthem: Highway to Hell.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it:shock:

I keep telling co-workers that the world will not come to an end until the Minnesota Vikings are one minute away from winning the Superbowl. One minute to go, Vikings are ahead by 3 touchdowns, and boom, it all comes to an end thus robbing them of thier first Superbowl Title.
I think that is actually one of the seven signs of the apocalypse.

The world will officially come to an end, when Terry enter priesthood!

Is that when he comes screaming in from the six 'o'clock in a custom chromed Wildc...thingy...replete with rubber duck aerial and a scale model of that thing that dude wanted colour pictures of ?...in which case, I think we is safe :)

I am seeing some strange lights down the hill,... I think the aliens are here.

Nope, wrong aliens, these are just the Mexicans that live down there. They got some spinner rims, that's what threw me off.
The vigil continues...

About 7-8 months ago it was all you heard on the tube, multiple programs on the 2012 apocalypse. Recently nothing is mentioned
The end of the Mayan calendar coincides with a galactic alignment, in which the Sun will align with the center of the Milky Way galaxy.
It is said that this rare event occurs once every 26,000 years and some predict it will be the 2012 apocalypse, potentially catastrophic consequences. The theory goes that on the day of the winter solstice in 2012, the Sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way . This alignment could mean that energy which typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time.
This galactic alignment has the potential to create a shift in the Earth's poles, initiating the 2012 apocalypse, which would involve a sries of disastrous environmental events. There is also a good possibility that the effects will alter the magnetic polarity of the Sun.
In combination with gravitational forces from the simultaneous alignment of other planets, this result might cause massive solar flares, and could even move the axis of the Earth. The 2012 apocalypse?
So to reiterate:
December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's starting point calendar. The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya may be preserved by an inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed. However, it is conjectured that this represents in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next.
HOWEVER, don't dispair there is a correction applied by some corelating the two calendars:
December 23 — The alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle in the Maya calendar, using a version of the GMT-correlation based on a JDN of 584285 (a.k.a. the "astronomical" or "Lounsbury correlation"), which is supported by a smaller number of Mayanist researchers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back