Erich Hartmann and his victories and overclaims over Hungary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Trust me, you don't make me angry. And by the way, debating your opinion is not being confrontational.

But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself to think I am mad and having a "meltdown" feel free to think that.
You are clearly trying to provoke me. Which is hilarious. So yeah you're being confrontational. And you're clearly rattled and bitter. Just chill. It's ok.

Then you can make a guess as a pilot as to whether or not it's going to be repaired.

Lipfert and Barkhorn were better at guessing if their victims would be written off.
In the Battle of Britain the British had a whole system for recovering everything possible from downed and damaged aircraft, the Germans and their pilots had no idea about that. On the other side of the channel the Luftwaffe were operating from temporary airfields with little ability to repair anything, especially bombers which had to be stripped and put on a train back to Germany, consequently many landed and neither took off again or were officially destroyed. You cannot expect a pilot to know what the enemy can do in terms of repair, and I am neither mad, angry or having a "melt down"

Sigh all you want. Stating a victory is a victory but not a victory is contradictory, the funny thing is you can't even see it. You can pick and choose with your 20/20 hindsight all you wan't, but I'll draw the line at your defamation of the men who bravely took the skies every day.
No if someone forced an opponent to give up you think it's a victory and I don't.

Sigh all you want. Stating a victory is a victory but not a victory is contradictory, the funny thing is you can't even see it. You can pick and choose with your 20/20 hindsight all you wan't, but I'll draw the line at your defamation of the men who bravely took the skies every day.
Beating an opponent doesn't mean their plane was destroyed

In the Battle of Britain the British had a whole system for recovering everything possible from downed and damaged aircraft, the Germans and their pilots had no idea about that. On the other side of the channel the Luftwaffe were operating from temporary airfields with little ability to repair anything, especially bombers which had to be stripped and put on a train back to Germany, consequently many landed and neither took off again or were officially destroyed. You cannot expect a pilot to know what the enemy can do in terms of repair, and I am neither mad, angry or having a "melt down"
Chill.

You are clearly trying to provoke me. Which is hilarious. So yeah you're being confrontational. And you're clearly rattled and bitter. Just chill. It's ok.

lol

Honestly, I'm not trying to provoke anyone. You came in here with a opinion, and ran it off as some superior fact/point of view. Nobody here, and most importantly the air forces/ pilots themselves do not agree, and we are debating them (mostly by talking past each other).

Look, I honestly love different views and opinions. They usually make for good discussions, and this forum would be boring if we all had the same opinion.

And since you claim to know I am rattled and bitter (which I am not even close to being), do you have the next lottery winning numbers too?

lol

Honestly, I'm not trying to provoke anyone. You came in here with a opinion, and ran it off as some superior fact/point of view. Nobody here, and most importantly the air forces/ pilots themselves do not agree, and we are debating them (mostly by talking past each other).

Look, I honestly love different views and opinions. They usually make for good discussions, and this forum would be boring if we all had the same opinion.

And since you claim to know I am rattled and bitter (which I am not even close to being), do you have the next lottery winning numbers too?
I ran it as an opinion. I never said it was my opinion at first since it was obvious it's just my opinion.

After some "hard" thinking I think I see why this thread has gone south: This is all about Western oppression and hegemony in victory counts, caused by our failure to embrace Chen10's postcolonial and woke victory assessment models according to which we can all have our own opinions, because as Foucault and Derrida have taught us, facts do not exist but are merely social constructs. :lol:

Last edited:
How does no one understand stand this? Are you being doing this on purpose? You have to be
Did anyone ever file a report that said "I beat my opponent"? The whole claims system by all forces was concerned with destruction of aircraft, not some esoteric valour in combat about "beating an opponent" which cannot be graded assessed or filed. It is emotional nonsense, like a lot of things surrounding the discussion of long since passed WW2 aces.

How does no one understand stand this? Are you being doing this on purpose? You have to be

Thats not the point of a victory. A victory is simply shooting an opponent down. It does not matter if it was completely destroyed. How do you not understand this? Are you being doing this on purpose? You have to be

Thats not the point of a victory. A victory is simply shooting an opponent down. It does not matter if it was completely destroyed. How do you not understand this? Are you being doing this on purpose? You have to be
I understand this since I mentioned that people have this as their definition. That is proof I understand people have this opinion. This proves I never said my opinion was fact. I acknowledged that people have a different opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back