Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Hey Bro, who/what is going to win the final?

• Italiano

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Rule Britannia

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes!!!

Germany was very lucky. I am so happy though. I never expected this German team to advance to the knockout round in the group of death! I will take this as a victory.

We will have to be much better against England, who it really pains me to say are currently stronger than this German team.

Either way! Way to go Germany!

The Cherry on top? Ronaldo is going home early.
YES YES YES

Yeah Hungary is just camping out in front of their goal.
In that soccer strategy, Hungary basically leaves the possession of the ball to Germany and keep a concentrated defence inside of the box they have an 11 vs 7 and leaves the attackers outnumbered. Even though the attackers have an advantage with the ball the space is too tight to do much. The problem with this strategy is that forwards cannot do much and the offensive capabilities of the team are completely usless since there is no one prepared to attack. Plus another disadvantage is that the team that is camping has no control over the game since they have no control over the ball therefore they cannot gain any advantage. Lastly the more shots you take the more likely you are to score and since the camping team has no offensive capabilities they cannot score another goal back. So with these camping games normally these games feel like they are simple mistakes on the camping defence and not seen as skill for the attacking team
I consider Hungary lucky

In that soccer strategy, Hungary basically leaves the possession of the ball to Germany and keep a concentrated defence inside of the box they have an 11 vs 7 and leaves the attackers outnumbered. Even though the attackers have an advantage with the ball the space is too tight to do much. The problem with this strategy is that forwards cannot do much and the offensive capabilities of the team are completely usless since there is no one prepared to attack. Plus another disadvantage is that the team that is camping has no control over the game since they have no control over the ball therefore they cannot gain any advantage. Lastly the more shots you take the more likely you are to score and since the camping team has no offensive capabilities they cannot score another goal back. So with these camping games normally these games feel like they are simple mistakes on the camping defence and not seen as skill for the attacking team
I consider Hungary lucky
Its a strategy, now called a "low block" Italian teams used to be famous for it. It is what Atletico Madrid have done for years. Only two teams have not conceded so far England and Italy, it is a surprise with England, almost a tradition with Italy.

Its a strategy, now called a "low block" Italian teams used to be famous for it. It is what Atletico Madrid have done for years. Only two teams have not conceded so far England and Italy, it is a surprise with England, almost a tradition with Italy.
yeah but Italy this year is young and offensive

yeah but Italy this year is young and offensive
It is not true that more shot means more goals. Manchester City played the whole season without a striker and won the league easily. They move the ball constantly and dont shoot until it is almost certain to score. Frequently their first goal is their first "shot" and is a tap in from in front of goal. The opposition are kept away from the 18 yard box and frequently shoot from outside with almost no chance of scoring.

pops-paolo pops-paolo The Welsh fought well with the English at Agincourt in 1415 while my parents and elder brother are from what used to be the Danelaw until AD954, so at the final whistle I will be supporting the winning team, how's that?

I did not watch the Italy vs. Austria game because I was out exploring Hawaii, but according to our young Italian Stalion Italy was going to completely destroy Austria. He said so very confidently. Yet it took extra time, and Italy only won 2:1.

What happened? Was Austria that good, or did they expose a weakness in the Italian team?

I did not watch the Italy vs. Austria game because I was out exploring Hawaii, but according to our young Italian Stalion Italy was going to completely destroy Austria. He said so very confidently. Yet it took extra time, and Italy only won 2:1.

What happened? Was Austria that good, or did they expose a weakness in the Italian team?
The Italians played well but so did Austria. One of those games where its sad one team has to go.

The diving and whiny crap that goes on in these games are what keep me from being a fan of this sport. The game needs an overhaul including carding players for embellishment. In the NHL they get penalties for diving and there are two refs covering half the number of players. Players miss a shift or two to stitch up cuts and then they are back on the ice. Soccer players wouldn't last a minute in that environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back