Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Hey Bro, who/what is going to win the final?

• Italiano

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Rule Britannia

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The diving and whiny crap that goes on in these games are what keep me from being a fan of this sport. The game needs an overhaul including carding players for embellishment. In the NHL they get penalties for diving and there are two refs covering half the number of players. Players miss a shift or two to stitch up cuts and then they are back on the ice. Soccer players wouldn't last a minute in that environment.
They do it because it is now rewarded. In the past great players were literally kicked out of the game and careers shortened by injury, so to protect players referees were told to clamp down on fouls with more cards issued. Now players play on that to get free kicks, but most of all get an opponent booked or sent off.

So that's that. What did Max Verstappen do today? :kissingclosed:
According to UK pundits he narrowly won a fixed race against the greatest driver in the universe. I thought the sending off was a shocking decision, it was a great game up to that moment.

According to UK pundits he narrowly won a fixed race against the greatest driver in the universe. I thought the sending off was a shocking decision, it was a great game up to that moment.
Yeah, well on the other hand, hands at that moment is still a red card. De Ligt doing that was definitely gambling and lost. After that it was over, indeed.

Yeah, well on the other hand, hands at that moment is still a red card. De Ligt doing that was definitely gambling and lost. After that it was over, indeed.
Hard to say it was deliberate, like players elbowing the opposition in the head looks deliberate but sometimes they knock their own team mate out and that doesnt.

Real poor game.

So long Portugal. Don't deserve nothing.

Cynical fouls and diving.

Unpleasant to watch.

Netherlands v Czech was ok.

Real poor game.

So long Portugal. Don't deserve nothing.

Cynical fouls and diving.

Unpleasant to watch.

Netherlands v Czech was ok.
After the first half my wife and I concluded that both teams should be eliminated and Netherlands given a bye into the next round. After 15 minutes there hadnt been a foul or a corner and only two shots off target, it was a game of chess but you dont build stadiums to watch chess.

I did not watch the Italy vs. Austria game because I was out exploring Hawaii, but according to our young Italian Stalion Italy was going to completely destroy Austria. He said so very confidently. Yet it took extra time, and Italy only won 2:1.

What happened? Was Austria that good, or did they expose a weakness in the Italian team?
ok it was like ww1 a tough fight but in the end a crushing victory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back