Evan the Cold Warrior (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My dad says it's either because the hanger is too small OR they've built it like that to save on resources in building a bigger hanger. He said they used to have some like that at...shit, where did he say....anyway, this was back in the 1970s.

Could be. I don't know what they had there before they had the C-130s, but the C-130 has been around for a long time. You would think that by now they could have replaced the hangars. I left Keesler over 20 years ago! Ah, well, standard military thinking I guess! ;)

That is how they make them for the C-130's. If you go to SHAPE Belgium they have hangers just like those with the tail end sticking out.

More Cold War photos from the UK (mostly)

Attachments

• 10-jerryfarewell_438.jpg
    10-jerryfarewell_438.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 9-jvs_mres_662.jpg
    9-jvs_mres_662.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 374
  • 8-nato_fun_719.jpg
    8-nato_fun_719.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 7-bbc_crew_965.jpg
    7-bbc_crew_965.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 357
  • 6-uk_road_163.jpg
    6-uk_road_163.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 5-uk_cop_169.jpg
    5-uk_cop_169.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 4-ericstanwban_341.jpg
    4-ericstanwban_341.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 3-biss_659.jpg
    3-biss_659.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 2-techcontrol_164.jpg
    2-techcontrol_164.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 1-ericbasic_898.jpg
    1-ericbasic_898.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 355
hehe Jerry was always a practical joker with us in the shop. He spent his last few nights at Lakenheath in the barracks. BIG mistake. ;) I was off shift at the time and I heard alot of commotion outside my room. I stepped out to find some of the guys from my shop had skipped out of duty to give Jerry his "going away party". Red duct tape help him in place and shaving cream was liberally applied. :lol: I had to get a picture for "historical purposes". I think we left him that way for at least an hour! One of the other guys finally took pity on him and cut him free.

All of that was done during a NATO TAC Eval! We had NATO inspectors running all over the base at the time. I was real surprised that we got away with it. Our shop chief was a little pissed about it because it was done during the TAC Eval, but he did laugh.

It seems a common thing to duct tape people to chairs in the military. My dad's lot on 11 Sqn. did it to a fair few loud mouths - duct tape them to chair and sit them under the control tower so all the pilots can see him when they taxi out.

plan_D said:
It seems a common thing to duct tape people to chairs in the military. My dad's lot on 11 Sqn. did it to a fair few loud mouths - duct tape them to chair and sit them under the control tower so all the pilots can see him when they taxi out.

I did this to one of the younger guys working for me when I was in the reserves. He was bugging the sh*t out of me whining and doing stupid things, making noises (he just didn't want to work) so I eventually tackled him, tied his arms and legs with zip ties, placed him in a office chair with wheels and used an entire roll of duct tape on him leaving his eyes and nostrils open. I pushed him out in the hallway and eventually he was pushed into every shop within our hangar. Eventually we lost track of him but he turned up 4 hours later sitting in the middle of the hangar with a whole bunch of signs attached to him, describing everything from his autonomy to his family members!

Needless to say he behaved himself after that!

I love the snaps Evan the last one is so familiar as Les said Its seems to be standard operating procedure in any of the services It must be written down somewhere
Personnel Humiliation Of
1.1 Subject must have all clothing removed
2.1 Subject must be a fixed to static object or.
2.2 One that can be transported through public area
3.1 Affixing of subject . Use regulation adhesive tape or
3.2 Suitable equivalent Tape insulation electrical or Tape clear Office.
3.3 In extreme case humiliation Liquid Adhesive is permitted however
3.4 Orifice insertion should be avoided unless deserved.
4.1 Application of liquid coating to the Humilitatee is essential include.
4.2 Foam Shaving.
4.3 Oil Lubricating
4.4 Grease Lubricating
4.5 Ink Printing
4.6 Ketchup Tomato or general food stuffs
4.7 Pepper Chili is to be used within the confines of Garments Underwear.
5.1 Length of humiliation may be varied from 10 minutes
internal establishment too
5.2 Indefinite period in a public thoroughfare or until detained by local
law enforcement Officers which ever is the greater.

That sounds about right. Looking back, it seems kind of cruel (kind of?), but at the time it was very funny. Then again there were other times that soemthing seemed very funny that today seem either not funny at all or are horrifying. Looking at it in perspective though, it makes sense. You do get a rather morbid, bizarre sense of humor in the military.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back