Exhibition of captured german military hardware Moscow Summer 1943 (colour)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder how the soviets came by that FW200 Condor?
It is interesting to see the Tiger tank that was so perforated. It was probably used for testing Soviet ammunition.

Or Ladas ....

You never had a Lada I can tell. I had one, fun car ... put a 88 on it an you had a Panzer IV, So the tank you see with all the holes in the movie isnt a Tiger... its an early Lada with some rust problem.

Or rust with an early Lada attached !
Guy goes into a car spares store and asks "Have you got a windscreen wiper for a Lada?"
Storekeeper replies "Seems like a fair swap!"

shared this video with friends on another forum and one of the gents who seems to know his stuff commented:

Halfway through there is a shot of a Tiger Tank 1 with a "Mammoth" dipiction on the turret.....this is the insignia of the Schwere Herres Panzer Abteilung 502 1.kompanie
(sPzAbt.502)...this particular Tiger is interesting as it would be one of the earliest examples in Russian hands.......the Grey Paint.....lack of removable side mudguards / welded lug's.....No rear turret stowage bin....the MP Klappe (Machine pistol port) on right turret side (instead of Escape hatch)....and lack of smoke dischargers on superstructure corners.....and Gelandeketten tracks (mirror image right/left side)......would with all probability mean this was issued between werk No# Fgst 250002-250010 produced between May-August 1942....this is when the Tiger was still undergoing Trial/ Evaluations.

The lack of winter white wash would indicate this was lost before the onsett of winter and possible Sept/ November 1942. As only the 1.Kompanie operated Tiger1's in the Leningrad area until January 1943, when the 2.kompanie arrived with 9 new Tigers....this Example is very rare and represents the first occasion when the new Heavy tanks was ordered into action..............

Just Image Mr Adolf you know who, ordering his much prized Heavy Hitter off to Leningrad to flex some muscle...I would hate to have been the kompanie Commander who had to explain where his tank had gone !!!!

N:B. Edit...found the info.....This Tiger, tactical number 100 was the actual first Tiger to be captured intact by the Russian's......And it was indeed lost by the units Kommander Hauptmann Wollschläger ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back