F-86 of Capt. Charles McSwain Suwon, Korea (1953)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There isn't the best way Harry. Either you may use a masking tape or make your own decal strips. Both ways requires some of patience. Each of them is a mixed blessing.

Harry, if you decided to use the masking tape, the way of making these strips is the same you use for applying of the bands on fuselages for instance. The difference is that you have your model painted silver. You have to protect the already painted areas and limit the applying of the yellow colour to areas of the strips. Look at these pics. The guy painted the D-Day strips using the Tamiya masking tape. Because these invasion bands consisted of white and black strips , the white colour was applied as the first. However you don't need to apply the white colour because you has already applied the silver one, right. One tip though. Your strips are of the yellow with thin black strips at edges. As a result you have to either paint the yellow colour as the band of the total width (= black+yellow+black) and then apply the black colour over the yellow paint masking the right, yellow strip of the correct width with a strip of the masking tape. Or you may apply the yellow strip of the correct width ( only the yellow ) and then apply ( attach ) the black narrow strips at the side edges of the yellow bands. I hope this can help.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

dzbanek001.jpg

Pictures : Artur Domański at the Modelarstwo z pasj? ? Zobacz w?tek - P-47 - Stalag Luft III - I Wanted Wings (Tamiya 1:48 )

Last edited:
Paints are on the way.....So then hopefully I can get this guy done and start on a P-61 I've been itching to do ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back