Favorite 5 Aircraft- All Eras Allowed.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, due to the amazing speed and agility of the Battle I could out climb, dive, turn and roll the Fw-190, take him out with a couple of shots from my starboard .303, then attack the bombers. If I missed them and overshot by some strange reason then my rear gunner would take them out with his .303...yes the Battle was an amazing plane ;)

What kinda radar suite did the Lincoln have? All Ive seen mentioned was the H2S but was wondering if theyre was more.

Id still take a B-29 for night bombing over the Lancaster or Lincoln if all 3 were available.

Ohhh, abit late into this forum, my love is for most WWII aircraft....but if I was to choose 5.......

Absolutely, totally.....DH98 Mosquito
'' '' .....DH103 Hornet
also .....P-40's... [Kiwis killed 99 Japs with 'em...]
and also .....F4U's ... [and killed some more with these...]
and lastly .....A4K Skyhawks,... the best l'il jet fighter ever........

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._-_on_the_hunt..._183.jpg
    raf_487__nz__sqn._-_on_the_hunt..._183.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 409
Thanks mosquitoman, it's a real shame that there's no Hornets left today, and they would've been awesome had they got them into WWII before it was over....
We have a chap that's making new Mosquitos down here in NZ, I don't know if you've heard about it....There is an update on it at www.mossie.org , the main Mosquito website....

My choice of aircraft is based on my obsession with the Mosquito Hornet, [as all these guys know about !!!], and then my patriotic choices, but there's others like the Lancaster etc. that I'd love to add too.....

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._-_on_the_hunt..._818.jpg
    raf_487__nz__sqn._-_on_the_hunt..._818.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back