Favorite fictional flying machine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

how about Independance Day and the pod from 2001?

Attachments

• idcraft.jpg
    idcraft.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 2001craft.jpg
    2001craft.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 282
I've always like the E-Wing too.

Agreed the E-wing is pretty cool and the TIE Defender's not that bad either... To add to the Empire vs. Rebel debate: The TIE pilots sure get owned alot quicker, no shields, crappy guns... doesn't sound fun to me :)

I think this would just about round out most of my favs in a few categories...The Soviet stealth fighter from Firefox...

As far as Helos go, I'd say Blue Thunder rocks...and is far better than Air Wolf!

(and I agree, Old Wizard...Lexa Doig is HOT!) :thumbright:

Read the book and loved it and always wanted to see one fly for real, but I never saw the movie.

Clones and 'droids are expendable....

And the Emperor never trusted any of his underlings, which is why he would not let the TIE fighters (of any flavor, except Vader's) have hyperspace engines, shields, or bigger guns. It was supposed to keep them close to their Star Destroyers/home base, discourage them from "disappearing during battle" and joining the rebellion.

Sweet little bee on the last page, D.James!

I read something like that in one of the many (crappy) spin-off series that came out in the 90's (some were good, most were just garbage). This particular series had a TIE pilot who was shot down over some planet, left for dead by the Empire, rescued and helped by some average planetary citizens, saw the error of his ways, contacted the Rebellion and dropped them some juicy intel. Standard plot, standard characters. Not the worst read.

I kinda gave up on the StarWars franchise just about the time that series came out. Never read em, although I have heard good things about that particular set. I may pick em up eventually.

I kinda gave up on the StarWars franchise just about the time that series came out. Never read em, although I have heard good things about that particular set. I may pick em up eventually.

I liked them. Its not brilliant writing but its fun and diverting for a little bit.

The Planet Express ship from "Futurama" TV series has always cracked me up. :oops:

It flys faster than the speed of light, the engines don't move the ship- but instead moves the universe around the ship, the positions of the rooms shift from episode to episode, and makes the sound of a stopping schoolbus when it lands. :lol:

Attachments

• Planet Express.jpg
    Planet Express.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17,893
I always thought these ships from Star Wars were neat. A different design from the mechanical looking Empire ships.

Attachments

• mc1sw2ij.jpg
    mc1sw2ij.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 8,249
  • rotj056.jpg
    rotj056.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,345

Users who are viewing this thread

Back