Feasibility study! (hope I spelt that right!) Help!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Hi everyone

Recently I've been searching the local libraries and what not for model catalouges ( The plastic kind mostly! )and I've found out theres a shortage in this country of them so I was wondering would it be possible amongst ourselves to build up a small library of model catalouges? Mostly focussing on aircraft of course but armoured vechiles would also be a welcome addition

The only ones I've come across are in a few model shops in town and I'm a little fearful of being shot by one of the stores employee's I don't bother to look

Most importantly older catalouges too - Frog , Matchbox , Heller , Airfix , Revell as these are as scarce as rocking horse sh*t!

I've got an airfix catalouge from about 76 (I think) which I'd be happy to scann to get us underway as long as I get the mods approval of course (would we breaking some copyright law?)- some nice boxart in amongst it 8)

Thoughts opinions welcome! Be really great if this was possible as I'd love to see some of the Frog/heller/matchbox catalouges

Cheers

I was hibinating... (mostly)

The computers still shot to shtt , hence I'm unable to upload any photos .The annoying part is its stopping me from accessing some photos I need down Mossie way

Now I won't start swearing at the 'computer fix it' place because obviously nearly 3 weeks isn't long enough to fix my pc right? third farking time its been to fix it land

I can't scann anything til its back too

It won't run certain programs (photoshop espicially)- Various problems with flight sim , various start up problems sometimes it starts up fine other times it just doesn't and the screen becomes glitghy (multi coloured lines dancing over screen sorta thing) Few other things that they actually did seem to resolve (one rather worrying one was the cooling fan would randomly get jump in revs and get quite loud - espicially at night when there was silence)

Had these problems since day one which is about 2 years ago now , everytime we take it in they take on average just under a month to "fix" it - yet last time it actually came back worse than what it was when it went in!

Hi there!

It ain't my area of IT, but what kind of hardware do you have?
Processor, graphic board, RAM, Video memory, HD... all this may cause you trouble, and usually the program tells you what it needs.

I wouldn't worry that much about the fan, it's supposed to work when it's needed, I suppose nights are when you have the PC working longer, so it is normal that the heat will be greater.

Cheers

I got this Hewlett packard thing , Don't know the specs on it but I do know 100% for sure that its got more than enough to run the programs I want it to -still gives me grief though

Re, the fan thing ,you'd think so wouldn't ya? ( It getting hotter at night while its mostly getting used) the funny thing with it was that after we sent it in once it never again was loud or excessively noisy so I really don't know what was with it

Thanks for your advice

I got this Hewlett packard thing , Don't know the specs on it but I do know 100% for sure that its got more than enough to run the programs I want it to -still gives me grief though

Thanks for your advice

I still haven't given you any... :)

Here's one, though: check the drivers for your PC, they may need an upgrade.
And beware of "shared memory" for graphs, usually it means that it's taken OUT of the main RAM - if you have 1GB RAM, but your 256MB video memory is shared, then the 256MB are taken out of the total 1GB.
It's supposed to work just fine, but... sh*t happens!

Not much I can do without more details - and a World apart -, but if I can help, just holler.

Cheers

Yeah but your trying to help therefore a thanks was in order!

I haven't got the computer here and I don't have a clue when I will ,Il check what you mention when it comes back as I've found the specs card! hopefully it'l come back without fault this time

Will give you a shout if I come across any problems - Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back