Fifi's back!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last I heard in a few months they are moving Fifi to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison (north Dallas). Jim Cavanaugh donated over $2 million dollars to the engine restoration for the B-29.

Last time I saw her in the air was 1975, my first air show. Too bad I didn't realize what I was seeing then, but hope to see her again.

Wish I was there tommorrow to watch her startup and go.

Outstanding work guys. :thumbleft:

Last edited:
Last I heard in a few months they are moving Fifi to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison (north Dallas). Jim Cavanaugh donated over $2 million dollars to the engine restoration for the B-29.

Last time I saw her in the air was 1975, my first air show. Too bad I didn't realize what I was seeing then, but hope to see her again.

This is way cool! The first time that I saw Fifi was when she flew right over my apartment on her final to Addison. I was jumping up and down hysterically, while my college buddies said....."That's great. Can you get me a beer while you're up?"

Nice to hear this,, i was fortunate enough to get free rein to roam FIFI the last time she visited Keene NH,got lots of good pics, even one of the rubber rat on the dash.. JT

Fifi update:

she finished her 4th and final maintenance flight for FAA certifcation recently. she will make her big debute at the midland, tx airshow this weekend after 6 years on the ground. she will be based out of addison, tx at the at the Cavanaugh flight museum. she is actually 2 years ahead of schedule. the husband of a gal who used to work for me was hired to do work on her...Fifi that is... and i believe is the flight engineer. i will post more pics when she sends them.

Attachments

• fifi.jpg
    fifi.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back