**** FINISHED: 1/32 Junkers Ju-87c Stuka - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Catagory, BEGINNER
Scale, 1/32
Manufacturer, Guillows
Model type, Junkers Ju-87c
Aftermarket, None, all balsa and tissue.

Well, here it is, photographed in the failing light, 6 hours to deadline. Not too proud of this one, but as I have said, it was a learner. The next one will be better. I changed my catagory to beginner, mainly because thats what I feel like right now. I gotta tell you guys, Charles is truly a master at this stuff!
I will eventually try another, but for now it's back to nice easy plastic.
Oh, and I forgot to say, I had to use clear tape to keep the decals on. So this one is not up for serious judging, just got it in under the wire because I am one persistant cuss!

stuka3.jpg

stuka4.jpg

stuka5.jpg

stuka6.jpg

stuka7.jpg

stuka8.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's very well done, Paul. Gotta ask a question, tho. What is it painted with ? Acrylic or enamel ? Clear coat ? Before or after decals ? I've never had any trouble with the Guillow's decals, except for the peel and stick variety on the F-14. Still, I think it's looks great.

Nice job on the prop, BTW....

Charles

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the paint was first a rattle can of enamel "Blue angel blue" Model Master. Then I gave it a coat of acrylics with intermediate blue, and sea grey and RLM # 65 underside blue. Then a coat of Future. I know what you are going for, but, honestly I can't explain it either. It must be a case of over-coating of the decals at the factory, or they were too old and thick. Either way, I have never encountered this problem before. It is just, (and I say this most meaningfully) the darndest thing! I tried every trick in my box to overcome this problem, very hot water, Micro-sol, (and set), a puddle of Future, even thinned white glue. They were just like the thickest "peel and stick" decals that were curled to the most wrong angles that you could imagine! The only other option was to use other decals. I didn't want to for several reasons. The first was that this was a (No offence) balsa kit that was causing problems in the first place, and, second, I had no decals available that would be suitable. Most of my stuff is in 1/48 and, well, Effit! So I put some clear tape over them. Would I do it again? No. Probably not, but time constraints and what-have-you, this was the best I could come up with.

Regardless of what you may think Paul, you cannot detract from the fact that it was a good effort and well deserving of praise. Take away the decal problem and your left with a fine piece of workmanship.

:thumbright: I second all that has been said it's a new medium that your working with, I know that you feel it's not your best effort but you have to start somewhere and it still deserves praise. Well done.
Vaughan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back