**** DONE: 1/32 Junkers Ju.87c Stuka - Carrier aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The "silvering" is actually where there is no adhesion. I find this strange because I added several coats of Micro-set before going to bed. The whole of the lower edge is about 1mm away from the fuselage. They are every bit as thick as "peel-off" stickers. I think Charles must have a magic wand also, to deal with this stuff. I would swear off balsa but I am a stubborn cuss, and refuse to be beaten. I still have 15 hours and 46 minutes to go!

stuka2.jpg

The Stuka looks great, Paul. Don't know what to tell you about the decals, as I've never had a problem with Guillow's decals. I do not use a decal setting solution, just spray clear dope on them after they are set. Don't give up on balsa/tissue, you did a good job on this model.

Charles

Just got done trying Future on them, No luck. I soaked the wing crosses in water heated in the microwave, and they still won't lay down. So far, only the swastikas have behaved correctly. This is the darnest set of decals I have ever seen.

Was going to suggest just that - use Future as an adhesive. Looking good though Paul. Now, it's time for me to sod off and finish the Sea Fury - 8 hours left in which to do it!!

Yep, tried that. Ended up with future coated decals that resist laying down even more. I have not gone for a "realistic" Stuka, the shape is wrong to begin with. It is designed to fly under rubberband power, not to be an accurate model. I added the cockpit details and carved the wheel pants more for personal entertainment than an effort to "superdetail". That being said, it is with heavy heart that I have decided to use clear tape to keep the decals down. There are still the flaps to add and then I will call it done. This one is a "learner" and when I do another, (and there will be another!) I will know a few things I didn't on this one.

Paul, Future can be removed with ammonia, however, cannot tell you what it will do to the decals. I migh try thinned clear dope once the Future is off. dope is lacquer Future is acrylic. Can't believe micro set did not work that's strong stuff, I always use the -solve

Thank you, my friend. You will certainly see more, just going to build a few plastic kits first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back