**** DONE: 1/32 Junkers Ju.87c Stuka - Carrier aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
User name, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Catagory, Intermediate
Scale, 1/32
Manufacturer, Guillows
Model type, Junkers Ju.87c
Aftermarket, Probably an extra sheet of balsa, and the usual bits of wire and stuff I find sitting around.

Thanks to Mr. C, I am diving into the world of balsa after a 30+ years hiatus.
The Stuka has long been a favorite of mine, my first was the Monogram Ju.87 G with the 37mm cannon. I have built every version of this bird except the "C".
(An "A", several "B"'s, a couple of "D"'s, a couple of "G"'s, and an "R".)
This will be a non-flying display model. I plan on adding some goodies to the cockpit, (seats, flight controls, etc..), and fold at least one wing, mainly because I suffer from AMS.
The Guillow web site lists this model at 1/32, I don't know if this is correct. The wingspan is 16 and 1/2 inches and the fuselage length is 12 and 1/2 inches.
In any case, scale accuracy is not high on the list as this one is more about fun and taking a break from styrene.
Charles has offered to share his considerable knowledge of this craft, and I am grateful for it.

stuka3.jpg

stuka2.jpg

stuka1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:A "Care package", eh? Well, lets see,...I'm fond of chocolate ice cream with cheerios on top, but there is no way you could have known that,...
(Can't eat the cheerios part right now anyways. And the ice cream would probably melt.) So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess...A new car!
Wow! That is so cool of you!
Wait, no, you wouldn't put a car in a package,...
It's gotta be just the keys! And I can go to the Ford place and pick it up myself!
Neat!!!
But I think I would be happy with some Stuka parts also,....
So, which ever it is, I will say Thank You!
(Although, chocolate ice cream sounds good right now.)

Last edited:
Paul, good luck to you on this one. I used to do balsawood many, many, years ago. I well remember the rice paper and lacquer coverings. Had a really nice, my opinion, red Fokker Tri-plane and a F4U Corsair. That was back in the day when control-line flying was still quite popular. Eventually both "kissed" old mother earth. All that work, time, and energy for a pile of toothpics. Never built any more after that

Thank you all for your support!
I too, had the typical experence. Spent many happy hours building a Fokker D-VIII, (the one with the parasol wing), only to have it crash into the cold, hard, unforgiving Arizona desert. I put it back together only to lose it later to my cold, hard, unforgiving ex-wife.
Well, this one is a static display, and I am half a country away from the ex, so I feel pretty good about it's chances.
Here's the start!

stuka4.jpg

Paul, good start. Also remember making a balsawood speedboat. Did all the sanding sealer coats, bought a model outboard motor and took it to the lake. started the outboard, set it to a wide circle, watched it zoom along until the 4th circle when it promptly sank. Could not understand why until Dad recovered some pieces.
Wonder if you guessed why? I used Elmer's white glue. Heck it SAID for wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back