**** DONE: 1/32 Junkers Ju.87c Stuka - Carrier aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Paul, good start. Also remember making a balsawood speedboat. Did all the sanding sealer coats, bought a model outboard motor and took it to the lake. started the outboard, set it to a wide circle, watched it zoom along until the 4th circle when it promptly sank. Could not understand why until Dad recovered some pieces.
Wonder if you guessed why? I used Elmer's white glue. Heck it SAID for wood.
And thus, a scientist was born!
I remember a wind up motor for toy boats, what was the one you had?

The more the merrier! I am enjoying myself immensely!
The detailing begins. I left the rear cockpit former whole, no need for a rubber band on this one.
I carved out the center former in the 'pit after it was all dry. The pilots seat goes there.
I will be carving the wheel pants out of layered balsa a'la Charles' stuka build, so I only need one of the kit "pants" for reference. They have kind of a backwards rake to them, so I am using one for basic size. That leaves some pretty big chunks of balsa sheet that I can use to make other stuff, that is the floor sitting there.
I am also splitting the rudder and the stabilizers.

stuka5.jpg

stuka6.jpg

Looking good, Paul. The watch-word here is take your time.... Hold off on the wheel pants til you get my care-package...

Charles

No worries there, Charles, I am a long way from wheels; I still have a whole cockpit to go!
The rudder assembly was not wide enough to my eye, so I extended it a bit. Making the rudder separately helped also.
My wife has dibbs on my time today, so maybe I'll get to some more tonite.

stuka7.jpg

Paul, continues to look good, excellent work. The motor looked just like an Evenrude outboard, to scale, matching the boat. It was electric and used, 2 or 3 D-cell batteries as I recall. The bats were laid along the keel and gave ballast to the very light boat. Lesson Learned: Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined.

Paul, continues to look good, excellent work. The motor looked just like an Evenrude outboard, to scale, matching the boat. It was electric and used, 2 or 3 D-cell batteries as I recall. The bats were laid along the keel and gave ballast to the very light boat. Lesson Learned: Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined.
Reminds me of working with Marines, give a group of them a rock and within a half hour they will have,
A) figured out a way to play with it,
B) break it, and
C) loose it.

Reminds me of working with Marines, give a group of them a rock and within a half hour they will have,
A) figured out a way to play with it,
B) break it, and
C) loose it.

A Gunny Sgt pal of mine once told me: If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. If you can't pick it up, paint it.

Waiting on them pic's, Paul....

Charles

Last edited:
D) paint it white.
Basic shapes in the 'pit, throttle, bomb release,..
rudder pedals. Balsa and tooth picks, that's where its at for this one!

stuka8.jpg

stuka9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back