**** DONE: 1/32 Junkers Ju.87c Stuka - Carrier aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Paul. I was looking at some balsa kits yesterday didnt get one yet.

Any similarity between this and an actual Stuka cockpit is purely coincidental.

stuka10.jpg

Yep I agree..... although the similarity between this and an actual Stuka cockpit is purely coincidental. :thumbright:

A Gunny Sgt pal of mine once told me: If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. If you can pick it up, paint it.

Similar expression in wartime RNZAF use Charles - 'If it moves, salute it. If it dosen't, paint it'

Great work so far Paul, like the rudder pedals.

Yep, the waxed paper looks a little ragged I guess.
The fuselage has had several additional stringers added, mainly to help with the shape. It has also been sanded alot.
I am studying all I can find on the wing fold and attatchment, it seems that the wing was extended out about a foot by way of a crank, then folded back, swiveling on one hindge.

stuka14.jpg

Looks good Paul and I like the pins your using, it looks like you hold the place in place by the pin lip rather than the pin through the wood, like us novices would do.

Thanks for the support, guys!
Geo, appreciate the picts, that does seem to be the only shot of the wing folds from dead ahead.
It is difficult to get very detailed with balsa, but I will do what I can.
Vic, you are correct, but it wasn't from experience, I just didn't have any straight pins, so I improvised! Care must be taken to not put one in where it will interfere with glueing in the stringers and such.
The wings were shorter than a "B", (or a "D" or a "G"), so some modification is in order. I will be working on it after I build a bench that I have an order for. Buisness first!
Thanks for looking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back